|Intercommunality||CC Somme Sud-Ouest|
|• Mayor (2020–2026)||Frederic Marseille|
|11.12 km2 (4.29 sq mi)|
|• Density||13/km2 (34/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||82–188 m (269–617 ft) |
(avg. 40.00 m or 131.23 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Thoix is situated 15 miles (24 km) southwest of Amiens, on the D100 road. The Parquets river, a small tributary of the river Évoissons, which flows into the Selle, has its source in Thoix and also feeds the castle moat
|From the year 1962 on: No double counting—residents of multiple communes (e.g. students and military personnel) are counted only once.|
The village has been known by many names over the centuries: Teoletum, Teoleium, Tois in 1140, Thois in 1212 and Thoys by 1301. The inhabitants are known as Téoduliens.
Places of interest
- The fifteenth-century château.
- Saint-Etienne's fifteenth-century church
- A fifteenth-century stone cross in the square
- A dovecote in the courtyard of the farm opposite the château
- A memorial to an aerial combat between a French aeroplane and 8 German fighter planes on 5 June 1940.
- "Répertoire national des élus: les maires". data.gouv.fr, Plateforme ouverte des données publiques françaises (in French). 2 December 2020.
- "Populations légales 2019". The National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies. 29 December 2021.
- Page about the Château de Thoix (in French)