پایگاه هوایی شهید نوژه
|Owner/Operator||Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force|
|Elevation AMSL||5,609 ft / 1,710 m|
Hamadan Airbase (IATA: NUJ, ICAO: OIHS) or Shahrokhi Airbase or Noje Airbase (Persian: پایگاه هوایی شهید نوژه) is an Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force base located 47km north of Hamadan in the Hamadān Province. The airbase is named after Captain Mohammad Noje who was the first IRIAF pilot to be killed in action.
Russian Air Force use
Since 16 August 2016, the Russian Air Force′s Tupolev Tu-22M long-range bombers and Sukhoi Su-34 strike fighters have used the base for conducting raids over Syria as part of the Russia′s military intervention into the Syrian conflict. The bombing missions support the Syrian Arab Army in operations against the Syrian opposition and the Islamic State. It is the first time Iran has let a foreign country use its territory for military operations since the 1979 Iranian Revolution.
Later in August 2016, Iran′s minister of defense Hossein Dehghan clarified that Iran was hosting Russia′s aircraft at the request of the Syrian government and Russia was free to utilise it as long as it was necessary. The following day, on 21 August, he appeared to criticise Russia′s actions as rash and self-aggrandizing and was quoted as saying, “Under no circumstances will we ever provide Russians with a military base. They have not come here to stay.” On 22 August 2016, Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman said Russia would stop using the air base for Syria airstrikes "for the time being".
- "Airline and Airport Code Search". IATA. Retrieved 5 April 2016.
- بمبافکنهای روسیه از پایگاه هوایی همدان عازم ماموریت جنگی در سوریه شدند, BBC Persian
- "eaip.austrocontrol.at link" (PDF).
- Syrian conflict: Russian bombers use Iran base for air strikes
- Иран разрешил России использовать авиабазу сколько потребуется RIS Novosti, 20 August 2016.
- مشروح/ سردار دهقان در نشست خبری: "جنگنده قاهر" در آینده نزدیک عملیاتی میشود/
- Russia announced use of Hamedan airbase without prior notice Mehr News Agency, 22 August 2016.
- Iran’s foreign ministry spokesman says Russia will stop using Iranian air base for Syria airstrikes for the time being AP, 22 August 2016.
- Airport information for OIHS at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about an Iranian airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|