Hampton railway station, Melbourne
View from platform 2 looking south in October 2014
|Location||Railway Crescent, Hampton|
|Distance||17.70 kilometres from Southern Cross|
|Fare zone||Myki zone 2|
|Website||Public Transport Victoria|
|Opened||2 September 1887|
Hampton railway station is located on the Sandringham line in Victoria, Australia. It serves the south-eastern Melbourne suburb of Hampton opening on 2 September 1887. It was renamed Retreat on 1 October 1887 and Hampton on 10 September 1889.
The station building was reconstructed in 1975.
Platforms & services
Transdev Melbourne operates one route along Hampton Street, nearby Hampton railway station:
Ventura Bus Lines operates two routes from the bus interchange adjacent to platform 2:
- Hampton Vicsig
- Vincent Adams Winter (1990). VR and VicRail: 1962 - 1983. p. 106. ISBN 0-9592069-3-0.
- Sandringham Line timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 922 Southland Shopping Centre - St Kilda Station timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 708 Carrum - Hampton timetable Public Transport Victoria
- Route 828 Hampton - Berwick station timetable Public Transport Victoria