Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai
|Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai|
|Directed by||Takashi Miike|
|Produced by||Toshiaki Nakazawa
|Written by||Yasuhiko Takiguchi
|Starring||Ichikawa Ebizō XI
|Music by||Ryuichi Sakamoto|
|Edited by||Kenji Yamashita|
|Distributed by||Shochiku (Japan)|
Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai (一命 Ichimei?) is a 2011 Japanese 3D drama film directed by Takashi Miike. It was produced by Jeremy Thomas and Toshiaki Nakazawa, who previously teamed with Miike on 2010's 13 Assassins. The film is a 3D remake of Masaki Kobayashi's 1962 film Harakiri.
It premiered at the 2011 Cannes Film Festival, the first 3D film to do so. The Village Voice's Michael Atkinson praised it describing it as "a melodramatic deepening and a grisly doubling-down of Kobayashi's great original." Composer and pop star Ryuichi Sakamoto wrote the original score.
- Ichikawa Ebizō XI as Tsugumo Hanshiro
- Eita as Chijiiwa Motome
- Hikari Mitsushima as Miho
- Naoto Takenaka as Tajiri
- Munetaka Aoki as Omodaka Hikokurō
- Hirofumi Arai as Matsuzaki Hayatonoshō
- Kazuki Namioka as Kawabe Umanosuke
- Yoshihisa Amano as Sasaki
- Takehiro Hira as Ii Kamon-no-kami Naotaka
- Takashi Sasano as Sōsuke
- Nakamura Baijaku II as Chijiiwa Jinnai
- Kōji Yakusho as Saitō Kageyu
- "Festival de Cannes: Official Selection". Cannes. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- Michael Atkinson. "Takashi Miike's Epic Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai Might Be His Best Film Yet". Village Voice. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai at the Internet Movie Database
- Hara-Kiri: Death of a Samurai at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|