May 26, 1989
|Education||Quaid-i-Azam University , Islamabad|
|Relatives||Abdullah Qureshi (cousin)|
Hareem Farooq (Urdu: حریم فاروق) is a Pakistani theatre, film and television actress and a film producer, known for her work in the serial Diyar-e-Dil and Pawnay 14 August. She co-produced Janaan followed by her 2018 blockbuster Parchi. She is the first female celebrity to get the honor of hosting Pakistan Super League in the same year.
Hareem Farooq was born on May 26, 1989, in Islamabad and spent most of her time in that city before she moved with her family to Karachi. Her parents are both doctors, her father being a public health PhD and international consultant while her mother is a dermatologist. The actress received early education from Karachi Grammar School. She did her bachelors in Sociology and Journalism from Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, after which she began her career in acting.
The singer Abdullah Qureshi is her cousin.
Hareem Farooq began her career in the year 2012 in theatre playing the leading role of Fatima Jinnah in Pawnay 14 August and Kiran in Aangan Terha. The following year, she made her big screen debut with a leading role in the 2013 horror thriller film Siyaah. Hareem made her television debut with Mausam alongside Ahsan Khan and Yumna Zaidi in 2014 on the Pakistani top TV Channel Hum TV. After her first drama becoming the super hit, she has given many popular dramas to the showbiz industry like Doorsri Biwi and Mere Humdum Mere Dost and Diyar-e-Dil in 2015. Farooq was also part of the television drama Sanam. In the same year, she played the lead role in the film Dobara Phir Se and was a co-producer of the feature film Janaan. She made her debut with the comedy flick Parchi as the lead role in which she played the character of a female don, with co-stars Ali Rehman Khan, Ahmed Ali Akbar and Usman Mukhtar in lead roles.
In addition to a successful and growing acting career, in 2015, Farooq took over an additional hat of becoming Pakistan’s first female actor-producer, by joining her childhood best friend and producer of her debut film, Imran Raza Kazmi as a partner in IRK Films and went on to produce Janaan with him, followed by her 2018 blockbuster Parchi.
In the year 2018, she also went into forming a global entertainment company, IHA Entertainment with Arif Lakhani and Imran Raza Kazmi, which soon entered into an agreement with top entertainment in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), as the first distribution firm.
She has also signed on to become the official Spokesperson for Loreal Professional, Pakistan in 2017.
|Denotes film / drama that has not released yet|
|Denotes films / drama that are currently on cinema / on air|
|Dobara Phir Se||Zainab|||
|2017||Allahyar and the legend of Markhor||vo||Cameo appearance|
|2019||Heer Maan Ja||TBA||Co-producer|||
|Mere Humdum Mere Dost||Sajeela|
|Dusri Bivi||Ayesha Hassan|
|Mere Jeevan Saathi||Habiba|
|Tere Baghair||Rabia Salman|
|2017/18||Miss Veet Pakistan||celebrity judge|
|2018||Main Khayal Hoon Kisi Aur Ka||Dania|
Hum Awards 2017
Hum Eid Show 2017 (2 episodes)
3rd PSL Opening Ceremony
- "Hareem Farooq: On Shaping Your Own Destiny" (8 August 2018), Hello! Pakistan. Retrieved 29 January 2019.
- Arslan Athar (11 February 2019), "Abdullah Qureshi Is Getting Married And Here’s Everything That Happened At His Mehndi Last Night", MangoBaaz. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- Alavi, Omair (July 6, 2015). "Hareem Farooq: the crying game". Dawn News.
- "Teaser release: Reham Khan's upcoming film 'Janaan' looks promising". The Express Tribune. Retrieved March 19, 2016.
- "Dobara Phir Se is not a teeny bopper love story, says Mehreen Jabbar". Dawn. Retrieved April 12, 2014.
- NewsBytes. "Parchi is an exploration of the action-thriller genre". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Hareem Farooq's Heer Maan Ja poster gave us major Runaway bride nostalgia!". EntertainmentPk.com. 18 January 2019. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- ""I'm not a size zero fan at all" — Hareem Farooq". Buraq Shabbir. The News. February 14, 2016.
- "14 Pakistani dramas that ruled our television screens in 2014". Farman Nawaz. Express Tribune. January 2, 2015.
- "Gohar Rasheed shares sizzling chemistry with Hareem Farooq in new drama". July 23, 2015.
- "TV Plays To Watch This Season". The News. January 17, 2016.
- "Dil-e-Beqarar' to launch on Hum TV". April 6, 2016.
- "It's hard pulling off glamour with decency in Pakistan: Hareem Farooq". Express Tribune. April 26, 2016.
- "Hareem Farooq joins 'Miss Veet Pakistan' as Judge". The Nation. 2017-07-09. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Hareem Farooq, Ali Rehman Khan reunite for TV serial". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 2018-05-22.