|Coordinates: 38°51′54″N 76°37′12″W / 38.86500°N 76.62000°WCoordinates: 38°51′54″N 76°37′12″W / 38.86500°N 76.62000°W|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||410, 443 and 667|
|GNIS feature ID||590432|
Harwood is a crossroads in Anne Arundel County, Maryland, United States, south of Annapolis on Maryland Route 2 (Solomons Island Road).
Southern High School is nearby. A small portion of high school students in Harwood also attend South River High School in nearby Edgewater as well.
- LeRoy Battle (1921–2015), music teacher and Tuskegee Airman
- Pete Stark (1931–2020), retired congressman
- Stan Stearns (1935–2012), photographer
- Thomas Noble Stockett (1747–1802), surgeon and Revolutionary War veteran
- Joseph Noble Stockett (1779–1854), 18th/19th century landowner
- George Washington (1732–1799), dined at Rawlings' Tavern.
- ^ "Harwood ZIP Code". zipdatamaps.com. 2022. Retrieved November 18, 2022.
- ^ U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Harwood, Maryland
- ^ a b c "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. April 15, 2008.
- ^ Bottalico, Brandi (March 30, 2015). "Harwood resident Battle, a Tuskegee Airman, dies at 93". The Capital. Annapolis, Maryland. Retrieved April 12, 2019.
- ^ Schudel, Matt (January 25, 2020). "Pete Stark, fiery California congressman and advocate of universal health care, dies at 88". The Washington Post. Retrieved January 27, 2020.
- ^ "Stan Stearns dies at 76; photographer at JFK's funeral". Los Angeles Times. Tribune Company. March 4, 2012. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- ^ Prats, J. J. (October 25, 2007). "Rawlings' Tavern Marker". The Historical Marker Database (HMdb.org). Retrieved September 10, 2013.
- Harwood, MD Community Profile
- Historic places (National Register Listings)