Have You Met Miss Jones?
|"Have You Met Miss Jones?"|
"Have You Met Miss Jones?" is a popular song that was written for the musical comedy I'd Rather Be Right. The music was written by Richard Rodgers and the lyrics by Lorenz Hart. The song was published in 1937.
In movie Gentlemen Marry Brunettes (1955) sung by Rudy Vallee, Jane Russell, Jeanne Crain (dubbed by Anita Ellis), Scott Brady (dubbed by Robert Farnon) and Alan Young, Danced by Jane Russell and Jeanne Crain.
- Stan Getz – The Artistry of Stan Getz (1953)
- Benny Goodman with Teddy Wilson and Gene Krupa – Camel Caravan (1937)
- Tony Bennett - Tony Bennett, Stan Getz & Friends (1964)
- Ahmad Jamal – Ahmad Jamal at the Top: Poinciana Revisited (1969)
- Red Norvo with Charles Mingus and Tal Farlow – 1950
- Bing Crosby — Bing Sings Whilst Bregman Swings (1956)
- Joe Pass – Virtuoso (1973)
- George Shearing – 1947
- Art Tatum – The Art Tatum Solo Masterpieces Vol. 1 (1953)
- Frank Sinatra - Swing Along With Me (1961)
- McCoy Tyner – Reaching Fourth (1963)
- Robbie Williams – Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
- Have You Met Miss Jones? at jazzstandards.com - retrieved on 27 April 2009
- I'd Rather Be Right 1937 at lorenzhart.org Archived 2012-12-31 at the Wayback Machine - retrieved on 5 June 2012
- Gioia, Ted (2012). The Jazz Standards: A Guide to the Repertoire. New York City: Oxford University Press. pp. 140–141. ISBN 978-0-19-993739-4.
- "Tony Bennett - 1960-1964".
- Pass, Joe; Leone, Roland (1 June 1998). Joe Pass -- Virtuoso Standards Songbook Collection: Authentic Guitar TAB. Alfred Publishing Company, Incorporated. p. 4. ISBN 978-0-7692-1710-9. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Swing Along with Me - Frank Sinatra | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic". AllMusic.
- Jay Thomas: Giant Steps commentary at jazzstandards.com - retrieved on 27 April 2009