HeavyLift Cargo Airlines
For the former UK Cargo Airline see: Air Foyle HeavyLift
|Founded||31 July 2002|
|Headquarters||City of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Key people||Nicholas Leach|
HeavyLift Cargo Airlines Pty Ltd ACN 604 595 413 is an Australian cargo airline headquartered now in Los Angeles, United States. It started operations in 2004 and operates scheduled and charter cargo services.HeavyLift took over passenger airline OzJet in 2008. HeavyLift sold Ozjet and its passenger aircraft to Air Australia in 2009.Heavylift transferred its business to the United States once the Australian Government banned B727/737 stage III aircraft and some people incorrectly say that it is also due to Australia's unofficial two airline policy.
Heavylift operated worldwide charter cargo services.
The Belfast is now stored at Cairns Airport. During 2006 work was also underway at Bournemouth Airport to refurbish another aircraft once operated by HeavyLift's unrelated namesake UK airline, the unique Conroy CL-44-0; however it has been reported on various aviation internet message boards that this aircraft will not be delivered. A feature of the airline is that most of its aircraft are not registered in Australia, but in the Philippines.
- Federal Aviation Administration - Contractions FAAO JO 7340.2
- "OzJet sells to HeavyLift Cargo Airlines". The Sydney Morning Herald. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 22 February 2009.
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 90.
- Superwombat.com image of Heavylift Boeing 727-200F RP-C8019. Retrieved: 11 September 2008.
- HeavyLift Cargo Airlines Buys Ozjet
|This article relating to an Oceanian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|