HeavyLift Cargo Airlines
For the former UK Cargo Airline see: Air Foyle HeavyLift
|Founded||31 July 2002|
|Headquarters||City of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Key people||Nicholas Leach|
HeavyLift Cargo Airlines Pty Ltd was a cargo airline headquartered in Sydney, Australia. It started operations in 2004 and operates scheduled and charter cargo services. Its main base is Brisbane Airport. HeavyLift took over passenger airline OzJet in 2008. HeavyLift sold Ozjet and its passenger aircraft to Air Australia in 2009.
The Belfast is now stored at Cairns Airport. During 2006 work was also underway at Bournemouth Airport to refurbish another aircraft once operated by HeavyLift's unrelated namesake UK airline, the unique Conroy CL-44-0; however it has been reported on various aviation internet message boards that this aircraft will not be delivered. A feature of the airline is that most of its aircraft are not registered in Australia, but in the Philippines.
In May 2008 Heavylift bought passenger airline Ozjet Airlines giving it access to an Australia air operator's certificate. Ozjet discontinued passenger operations in May 2009. The airline has ceased trading.
- Federal Aviation Administration - Contractions FAAO JO 7340.2
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-03. p. 90.
- "OzJet sells to HeavyLift Cargo Airlines". The Sydney Morning Herald. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 22 February 2009.
- Website now cancelled.Heavylift flight schedule page. Retrieved: 5 December 2008
- Superwombat.com image of Heavylift Boeing 727-200F RP-C8019. Retrieved: 11 September 2008.
- HeavyLift Cargo Airlines Buys Ozjet
|This article relating to an Oceanian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|