Hollinwood tram stop
|Line(s)||Oldham and Rochdale Line|
|Opened||17 May 1880|
|Original company||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway|
|Post-grouping||London, Midland and Scottish Railway|
|3 October 2009||Closed as a rail station|
|13 June 2012||Conversion to Metrolink operation|
Hollinwood tram stop is a tram stop and park & ride site on the Manchester Metrolink Oldham and Rochdale Line in Hollinwood, Greater Manchester, England. It was formerly a railway station before its conversion to a tram stop in 2012.
Hollinwood railway station opened on 17 May 1880, situated in the Hollinwood area of the Metropolitan Borough of Oldham, in Greater Manchester, England. The station was 4 1⁄2 miles (7 km) north east of Manchester Victoria on the Oldham Loop Line operated and managed by Northern Rail.
The station was next to the M60 motorway Manchester Outer Ring Road which was constructed across part of the former station site. As a consequence of this the station was rebuilt by the Highways Agency in the 1990s.
Former railway service
After May 1995 Hollinwood was served by half-hourly trains from Manchester Victoria to Shaw & Crompton. Trains to Rochdale ran every half-hour but passed through Hollinwood without stopping. On Sundays there was an hourly service in each direction.
- 12 minute service to Shaw & Crompton with double trams in the peak
- 12 minute service to Rochdale Town Centre with double trams in the peak
- 6 minute service to East Didsbury with double trams in the peak
|Preceding station||Manchester Metrolink||Following station|
towards East Didsbury
|East Didsbury – Shaw and Crompton Line||
towards Shaw and Crompton
towards East Didsbury
|East Didsbury – Rochdale Town Centre Line||
towards Rochdale Town Centre
|Failsworth||Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway
Oldham Loop Line
Connecting bus routes
Hollinwood station is served by First Greater Manchester service 149, which stops nearby on Tweedale Way and runs to Oldham via Coppice and to North Manchester General Hospital via Moston and Cheetham Hill. Stotts Tours service 151 stops at the other end of Tweedale Way with the 151 running to Hightown via Failsworth, Newton Heath and Cheetham Hill.
On Manchester Road, First services 83, 180 and 184 provide frequent buses between Manchester and Oldham with the 83 continuing to Sholver and the 180/184 running to Saddleworth plus Huddersfield (184), while First service X84 provides a peak-time express service to Manchester and Saddleworth. Stotts Tours service 159 runs to Oldham via Chadderton and Middleton via Failsworth, while Stotts service 396 runs to Ashton-under-Lyne via Hathershaw and to Newton Heath via Failsworth.
- "Hollinwood". Disused Stations. Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- Station Facilities: Hollinwood National Rail
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 November 2008. Retrieved 8 September 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Metrolink line to Oldham set to open". Transport for Greater Manchester. Retrieved 8 June 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Transport for Greater Manchester - Journey Planning - Network Maps". Transport for Greater Manchester. Archived from the original on 2 November 2012. Retrieved 10 September 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hollinwood Metrolink station.|