I'm Gonna Get You (Bizarre Inc song)
|"I'm Gonna Get You"|
|Single by Bizarre Inc featuring Angie Brown|
|from the album Energique|
|Released||21 September 1992 (UK)|
|Format||7"/12" vinyl, CD, cassette|
(Comforts Place Studio, London)
|Length||5:18 (Original Flavour Mix)
3:23 (Original Flavour Mix edit / video version)
|Label||Vinyl Solution / Sony Records|
|Songwriter(s)||Andy Meecham, Dean Meredith, Carl Turner, Toni Colandreo (Tony C.)|
|Producer(s)||Alan Scott, Bizarre Inc|
|Bizarre Inc singles chronology|
|Angie Brown singles chronology|
"I'm Gonna Get You" is a 1992 song by Bizarre Inc, featuring vocals by Angie Brown, from their second album Energique. It contains replayed lyrics from "Love's Gonna Get You" by Jocelyn Brown and a sample from "Brass Disk" by Dupree.
Top of the Pops
The song was also performed on Top of the Pops in 1992. Previously, in 1991, they had performed "Playing with Knives" and "Such a Good Feeling" on the show and the following year they performed "Took My Love".
The Voice UK
Brown sung the song for a The Voice UK audition. Even though it brought many audience members to their feet, none of the judges turned around even though will.i.am noted that the song had inspired part of the Black Eyed Peas song "Boom Boom Pow". He said it was "one of [his] favourite songs and [he] never thought [he] would get to meet the person who sung it". He elaborated:
Why is that important to me? Because we were recording Boom Boom Pow and we were coming up with a bridge part and I was like "Fergie, have you heard this song? You have to do it like this!" I played your song for the power on that section. I never thought I was going to meet you one day.
The fact that Brown had not been selected made the audience and TV viewers furious, with one viewer branding it a "disgrace".
The single peaked at #3 on the UK Singles Chart in October 1992, #17 on the Irish Singles Chart, #158 in on the Australian ARIA singles chart, #3 on the Dutch Single Top 100 chart in January 1993, #14 on the Belgian Ultratop (Flanders region) chart in February 1993, and #47 on the Billboard Hot 100 in April 1993.
Ned Raggett of AllMusic called the song a "noted smash, with great diva vocals from Angie Brown (one of her earliest star turns) and a simple but still sweeping string section reminiscent of disco's orchestrations at their best".
Dave Audé version
- List of number-one dance singles of 1993 (U.S.)
- List of number-one dance singles of 1993 (Canada)
- List of number-one dance singles of 2015 (U.S.)
- "BPI > Certified Awards > Search results for Bizarre Inc". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- Energique (booklet). Bizarre Inc. Vinyl Solution / Sony Records. 1992.
- "I'm Gonna Get You - Bizarre Inc. | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "Video gallery: Top Of The Pops – 50 years on Express & Star". Expressandstar.com. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- pa.press.net. "The Voice UK 2014: Bizarre Inc's Angie Brown fails audition". Tv.uk.msn.com. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- © Press Association 2014 (February 22, 2014). "Voice hopeful serenades Sir Tom (From The Oxford Times)". Oxfordtimes.co.uk. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "'The Voice': Ex-Musical Star Teresa Vasiliou Serenades Tom Jones". Huffingtonpost.co.uk. February 22, 2014. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- Caroline Westbrook (February 22, 2014). "The Voice 2014: Viewers erupt in indignation after 90s chart star Angie Brown is rejected by coaches". Metro. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "I'm Gonna Get You isn't enough to win Angie Brown a place on The Voice UK!". Unreality TV. February 22, 2014. Retrieved March 5, 2014.
- "Official Charts > Bizarre Inc". The Official UK Chart Company. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "The Irish Charts - All there is to know > Search results for Bizarre Inc". Fireball Media. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "Response from ARIA re: chart inquiry, received 2015-06-05". Imgur. Archived from the original on 2015-06-05. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "dutchcharts.nl > Bizarre Inc feat. Angie Brown - I'm Gonna Get You" (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "Bizarre Inc feat. Angie Brown - I'm Gonna Get You" (in Dutch). Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "The Hot 100 > The Week of April 10, 1993". Billboard. Retrieved 2016-01-12.
- "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2014-04-07.
- "Chart Highlights: Taylor Swift's 'Style' Fashionably Flies to No. 1 on Pop Songs". Billboard. Retrieved March 23, 2015.