Shire of Moggill
Toowong Division was one of the original divisions created on 11 November 1879 under the Divisional Boards Act of 1879. On 20 May 1880, the more populated area of Toowong Division was proclaimed as the Shire of Toowong, with the remaining part of the Toowong Division being renamed Indooroopilly Division on 2 June 1880.
In 1890, residents in the Taringa area of the Indooroopilly Division began to agitate for the establishment of a separate division for Taringa. Their rationale was that the area around Taringa railway station had grown in population and was of a suburban character and that the interests of this community were different from those of the farming community that comprised the rest of Indooroopilly Division. On 11 October 1890, Taringa Division was separated from Indooroopilly Division.
- 1925: R. McLennan
- "Proclamation [Toowong Division constituted]". Queensland Government Gazette. 11 November 1879. p. 25:993.
- "Agency ID10768, Indooroopilly Divisional Board". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Proclamation [Toowong & Indooroopilly Divisions]". Queensland Government Gazette. 2 June 1880. p. 26:1315.
- "Our Queensland Letter". Australian Town and Country Journal. NSW: National Library of Australia. 16 August 1890. p. 10. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Agency ID962, Indooroopilly Shire Council". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Agency ID1421, Moggill Shire Council". Queensland State Archives. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- "Mayors and Chairmen of Councils Who Were Entertained Yesterday By Alderman Jolly". The Brisbane Courier. National Library of Australia. 1 October 1925. p. 9. Retrieved 26 December 2013.