Influenza A virus subtype H5N6
After a confirmatory test done in Australia, it was confirmed that the Bird Flu strain in Pampanga in the Philippines in August 2017 was of the subtype H5N6.
Today, 22 of November 2016, South Korea called for many H5N6. Many cases were reported.
By December 2016 South Korea had raised its bird flu alert to highest level for the first time. The heightened alarm status came as the country grappled with an outbreak of the highly pathogenic H5N6 bird flu that started a month ago in November. By the start of December H5N6 avian influenza was reported in bird droppings in Hong Kong.
- Human H5N6 avian flu case reported in south China
- "Human infections with avian influenza A(H5N6) virus – China". World Health Organization. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- Foundation, Thomson Reuters. "China's Xinjiang region culls 55,000 chickens after bird flu outbreak". news.trust.org. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- "South Korea raises bird flu alert to highest level for first time". Reuters. 2016-12-15. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
- "Hong Kong reports H5N6 avian influenza in bird droppings - Outbreak News Today". Outbreak News Today. 2016-12-05. Retrieved 2016-12-31.
|This infectious disease article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|