Iranians in the United Arab Emirates
|(500, 000 (2015)
5% of the UAE population)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Abu Dhabi · Dubai|
|Persian · English · Arabic|
|Predominately Shi'a Islam|
Due to the geographical proximity between Iran and the United Arab Emirates, Persians were the first major group of foreign settlers in the region, with a history dating back to the 1810s. The UAE is currently home to 1000,000 Iranian expatriates, most of whom live in Dubai. The Iranian Club in Dubai is the main social club of Iranian expatriates in the country.
Business and organisations
There are an estimated 8,000 Iranian-backed businesses in Dubai. Iranians have invested over $300 billion into the country. There is an Iranian Business Council - Dubai. There is also an Iranian Hospital in Dubai.
- Baloch people in the United Arab Emirates
- Category:Emirati people of Iranian descent
- Iranian diaspora
- Iran–United Arab Emirates relations
- "UAE´s population – by nationality". BQ Magazine. 12 April 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2015.
- "Negotiating Change: The New Politics of the Middle East". Jeremy Jones. 2007. pp. 184–186.
- "UAE soldiers to learn Persian". Alarabiya.net. 2011-04-09. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Abdelkhah, Fariba. The Thousand and One Borders of Iran: Travel and Identity. Routledge. p. 9. ISBN 9781317418979.
- Middle East Online: UAE open for Iran business as US seeks to choke Tehran