Iranians in the United Arab Emirates
|500, 000 (2015) |
5-8% of the UAE population
800, 000+ (estimates, 2012) 
more than 8% of the UAE population
|Regions with significant populations|
|Abu Dhabi · Dubai|
|Arabic, Persian Azerbaijani, Armenian, Kurdish, and other languages of Iran. (see Languages of Iran).|
|Predominately Shi'a Islam|
Due to the geographical proximity between Iran and the United Arab Emirates, Persians were the first major group of foreign settlers in the region, with a history dating back to the 1810s. Persians who resided in the Trucial States prior to 1925 or before the formation of the union were offered the Emirati citizenship as per Article 17 of the United Arab Emirates Citizenship and Passport Law of Year 1972.
Business and organisations
Iran maintains a consulate-general in Dubai.
The Iranian businesses in UAE own more than $ 300 billion there.
- Baloch people in the United Arab Emirates
- Category:Emirati people of Iranian descent
- Iranian diaspora
- Iran–United Arab Emirates relations
- "UAE´s population – by nationality". BQ Magazine. 12 April 2015. Archived from the original on 11 July 2015. Retrieved 13 June 2015. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Iranian National Organization for Civil Registration: More than 2 million Iranians live in the U.S.A and the U.A.E" (in Persian). Radio Farda. September 7, 2012. Retrieved 11 April 2017.
- "Negotiating Change: The New Politics of the Middle East". Jeremy Jones. 2007. pp. 184–186.
- "UAE Citizenship and Passport Law of Year 1972, Article 17". Retrieved 2018-01-23.
- "UAE soldiers to learn Persian". Alarabiya.net. 2011-04-09. Retrieved 2012-12-10.
- Abdelkhah, Fariba. The Thousand and One Borders of Iran: Travel and Identity. Routledge. p. 9. ISBN 9781317418979.