Bird in the 2013 McDonald's All-American Game
|No. 26 – Boston Celtics|
July 3, 1994|
Walnut Creek, California
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||198 lb (90 kg)|
|High school||Salesian (Richmond, California)|
|NBA draft||2017 / Round: 2 / Pick: 56th overall|
|Selected by the Boston Celtics|
|2017–2018||→Maine Red Claws|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jabari Bird (born July 3, 1994) is an American professional basketball player for the Boston Celtics of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the California Golden Bears.
High school career
Bird played his high school basketball at Salesian High School where he led the Pride to an overall 100-8 record in his three years on the team. Bird was a McDonald's All-American in high school and was the No. 20 overall recruit in the 2013 class.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Vallejo, California||Salesian HS||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)||190 lb (86 kg)||Sep 5, 2012|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: ESPN:|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 13 Rivals: 32 247Sports: 21 ESPN: 23|
Boston Celtics (2017–present)
After finishing his senior year at California, Bird was selected with the 56th pick of the 2017 NBA draft by the Boston Celtics. On September 5, 2017, Bird was signed to a two-way contract by the Celtics. Under the terms of the deal, he split time between the Celtics and their G-League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws. Bird made his professional debut on October 20, 2017 against the Philadelphia 76ers. He played 13 minutes and scored 3 points in a 108–98 win over the 76ers.
On April 6, 2018, Bird scored 15 points in 24 minutes in a Celtics game against the Bulls.
On July 26, 2018, the Boston Celtics re-signed Bird. On September 8, 2018, Bird was arrested and is facing domestic abuse and kidnapping charges. Bird was placed under police guard at a hospital, as was his alleged victim. Before the incident occurred, it was revealed that Bird was previously dealing with emotional issues, including panic attacks.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
NBA G League
- "Jabari Bird - 2013-14 M Basketball Roster - California Golden Bears". www.calbears.com.
- Roberts, Ben (March 27, 2017). "Where are they now?: The 25 players from the 2013 McDonald's All-American Game". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- Allmond, Elliott (March 11, 2017). "Cal's Jabari Bird suffers concussion after hitting head on floor". The Mercury News. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- "Celtics pick at No. 56: Jabari Bird, Cal guard". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Boston Celtics Sign Jabari Bird". NBA.com. September 5, 2017. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- "Celtics vs. 76ers - Box Score". ESPN.com. October 20, 2017. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "Allen, Bird Named to Midseason All-NBA G League Team". National Basketball Association. February 2, 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2018.
- "Bulls vs. Celtics - Box Score". ESPN.com. October 20, 2017. Retrieved April 28, 2018.
- "Celtics Sign Jabari Bird". NBA.com. July 26, 2018. Retrieved July 26, 2018.
- "Celtics' Jabari Bird Faces Domestic Abuse, Kidnapping Charge". NBC 10. September 8, 2018. Retrieved September 8, 2018.
- "Celtics guard arrested in alleged domestic incident". September 8, 2018.