Evans with the Utah Jazz in 2014
|No. 21 – Dallas Mavericks|
October 24, 1987 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Crossett (Crossett, Arkansas)|
|College||Western Kentucky (2006–2010)|
|NBA draft||2010 / Round: 2 / Pick: 55th overall|
|Selected by the Utah Jazz|
|2011||→Utah Flash (D-League)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Jeremy Evans (born October 24, 1987) is an American professional basketball player who currently plays for the Dallas Mavericks of the National Basketball Association (NBA). A forward, Evans played in college for the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. As a senior at Western Kentucky Evans averaged 10.0 ppg with a field goal percentage of .639. He is the Hilltoppers all-time leader in blocks with 224. Evans was raised in Crossett, Arkansas and graduated from Crossett High School in 2006.
Utah Jazz (2010–2015)
On February 22, 2012, Evans was announced as a competitor in the 2012 Sprite NBA All-Star Weekend Slam Dunk Contest, replacing the injured Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks. He dunked two basketballs in one dunk over teammate Gordon Hayward. Evans won with 29% of the votes.
On February 16, 2013, Evans participated in another Slam Dunk Contest. In one of his dunks, he jumped over a painting of himself dunking, which he himself painted. He went on to lose to Terrence Ross.
Dallas Mavericks (2015–present)
On July 31, 2015, Evans signed a two-year deal with the Dallas Mavericks. He made his debut for the Mavericks in the team's season opener against the Phoenix Suns on October 28, recording 7 points and 6 rebounds in a 111–95 win.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Genessy, Jody (October 3, 2010). "Utah Jazz: Second-round pick Jeremy Evans stands out with athleticism and hoops IQ". DeseretNews.com. Retrieved November 23, 2013.
- Jeremy Evans Player Profile – RealGM
- Iman Shumpert out of dunk contest
- "Mavericks sign forward Jeremy Evans". mavs.com. July 31, 2015. Retrieved July 31, 2015.
- "8 Dallas players reach double figures, Mavs rout Suns 111-95". NBA.com. October 28, 2015. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Jeremy Evans on Twitter