This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kelly in 2014
|Born||March 9, 1968|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Genres||Gothic metal, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Type O Negative, Danzig, Quiet Riot, Dizzy Reed, A Pale Horse Named Death, Seventh Void, Silvertomb, Pist.On, Seven Witches, Black Label Society, Kill Devil Hill, Rex Brown|
Johnny Kelly (born March 9, 1968) is an American musician, best known as the former drummer of gothic metal band Type O Negative. He is the current drummer for the bands Silvertomb, A Pale Horse Named Death, Kill Devil Hill, Danzig, and Quiet Riot.
On February 25, 2011, it was announced that Kelly would be replacing Will Hunt as the drummer for Black Label Society for the remainder of their European tour. He made his first live performance with the band that night at La Cigale in Paris, France.
On January 29, 2018, it was announced on the band's website that A Pale Horse Named Death had recruited Tommy Spano of Corey Glover and Sekond Skyn as the new drummer, replacing Kelly. On April 5, 2018, it was announced that Kelly was once again the band's drummer.
Kelly has been the drummer for Danzig since 2002 (with the exception of a hiatus from 2003 to 2005), and recorded drums for the band's ninth album Deth Red Sabaoth (2010), covers album Skeletons (2015), and shared drum duty on the band's latest album Black Laden Crown (2017).
On September 9, 2020, it was announced that Kelly had joined Quiet Riot as the replacement of then-recently deceased drummer Frankie Banali. Kelly had previously filled in for Banali on the band's 2019 and 2020 shows.
- "DANZIG - Signs with The End records". The Metal Den. April 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- "QUIET RIOT To Continue Without FRANKIE BANALI". Blabbermouth.net. September 10, 2020. Retrieved September 10, 2020.
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2007). Metal: The Definitive Guide : Heavy, NWOBH, Progressive, Thrash, Death, Black, Gothic, Doom, Nu. Jawbone Press. ISBN 9781906002015.
- The Origin of the Feces liner notes
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2005). New Wave of American Heavy Metal. New Plymouth, New Zealand: Zolda Books Limited. p. 237. ISBN 0958268401.
- "KILL DEVIL HILL Parts Ways With Drummer VINNY APPICE, Recruits JOHNNY KELLY". Blabbermouth.net. March 10, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- APaleHorseNamedDeath (5 April 2018). "A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH Feat. Former TYPE O NEGATIVE, LIFE OF AGONY Members: New Music Due In The Fall". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- Official Type O Negative website
- Official Seventh Void website
- Official A Pale Horse Named Death website
- Interview from 2006 at GlobalDomination.se
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|