This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kelly in 2014
|Born||March 9, 1968|
Brooklyn, New York
|Genres||Gothic metal, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Type O Negative, Danzig, A Pale Horse Named Death, Seventh Void, Pist.On, Seven Witches, Black Label Society, Kill Devil Hill, Rex Brown|
Johnny Kelly (born March 9, 1968) is an American drummer, best known as the former drummer for the gothic metal band Type O Negative from Brooklyn, New York. He is the current drummer for the bands Silvertomb, A Pale Horse Named Death, Kill Devil Hill, and Danzig.
He currently endorses Gretsch Drums, Sabian cymbals, Easton Ahead drumsticks and Evans drum heads. Contributing to his long music history, he lent his drumming skill to the song Blood and Flames from Roadrunner United: The All Star Sessions.
Kelly has been the drummer for Danzig for 15 years (from 2002 to 2017), and recorded drums for the band's ninth album Deth Red Sabaoth (2010), covers album Skeletons (2015), and shared drum duty on the band's latest album Black Laden Crown (2017).
On February 25, 2011, it was announced that Kelly would be replacing Will Hunt as the drummer for Black Label Society for the remainder of their European tour. He made his first live performance with the band that night at La Cigale in Paris, France.
As of 2011, Kelly is also the drummer for former Type O Negative drummer Sal Abruscato's new project, A Pale Horse Named Death. On January 29, 2018, it was announced on the band's website that A Pale Horse Named Death had recruited Tommy Spano of Corey Glover and Sekond Skyn as the new drummer, replacing Kelly. On April 5, 2018, it was announced that Kelly was once again the band's drummer.
Kelly is currently touring with Seven Witches.
- "DANZIG - Signs with The End records". The Metal Den. April 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- The Origin of the Feces liner notes
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2005). New Wave of American Heavy Metal. New Plymouth, New Zealand: Zolda Books Limited. p. 237. ISBN 0958268401.
- APaleHorseNamedDeath (5 April 2018). "A PALE HORSE NAMED DEATH Feat. Former TYPE O NEGATIVE, LIFE OF AGONY Members: New Music Due In The Fall". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2018-04-06.
- "KILL DEVIL HILL Parts Ways With Drummer VINNY APPICE, Recruits JOHNNY KELLY". Blabbermouth.net. March 10, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Official Type O Negative website
- Official Seventh Void website
- Seventh Void MySpace Profile
- Official A Pale Horse Named Death website
- Interview from 2006 at GlobalDomination.se
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|