||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
March 9, 1968 |
Brooklyn, New York
|Genres||Gothic metal, heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Type O Negative, Danzig, A Pale Horse Named Death, Seventh Void, Pist.On, Seven Witches, Black Label Society, Kill Devil Hill|
Johnny Kelly (born March 9, 1968) is an American drummer, best known as the former drummer for the gothic metal band Type O Negative from Brooklyn, New York. He is the current drummer for the bands Danzig, A Pale Horse Named Death, and Kill Devil Hill.
He currently endorses Gretsch Drums, Sabian cymbals, Easton Ahead drumsticks and Evans drum heads. Contributing to his long music history, he lent his drumming skill to the song Blood and Flames from Roadrunner United: The All Star Sessions.
Kelly has toured with Danzig since 2002, and recorded drums for the band's Deth Red Sabaoth album.
On February 25, 2011, it was announced that Kelly would be replacing Will Hunt as the drummer for Black Label Society for the remainder of their European tour. He made his first live performance with the band that night at La Cigale in Paris, France.
Kelly is currently touring with Seven Witches.
- "DANZIG - Signs with The End records". The Metal Den. April 1, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-16.
- The Origin of the Feces liner notes
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2005). New Wave of American Heavy Metal. New Plymouth, New Zealand: Zolda Books Limited. p. 237. ISBN 0958268401.
- "KILL DEVIL HILL Parts Ways With Drummer VINNY APPICE, Recruits JOHNNY KELLY". Blabbermouth.net. March 10, 2014. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Official Type O Negative website
- Official Seventh Void website
- Seventh Void MySpace Profile
- Interview from 2006 at GlobalDomination.se
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|