Vea in 2018
|No. 50 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Born:||February 5, 1995|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||347 lb (157 kg)|
|High school:||Milpitas (CA)|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2019|
Tevita Tuliʻakiʻono Tuipulotu Mosese Vaʻhae Fehoko Faletau Vea (born February 5, 1995), commonly known as Vita Vea, is an American football defensive tackle for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Washington.
Vea participated in the 2018 NFL Combine, but did not complete all drills due to a hamstring injury.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in
|32 5⁄8 in
|5.10 s||1.76 s||2.95 s||41 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Vea sprained his calf during training camp, forcing him to miss the entire preseason as well as the first 3 games of the regular. Vea records his first career sack in Week 10, during a 16-3 loss to the Washington Redskins.
He finished his rookie year with 28 tackles and 3 sacks.
In Week 12, during a 35-22 win against the Atlanta Falcons, Vea recorded a sack, a career best 2 pass deflections, and caught a 1-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Jameis Winston. As a result, Vea became the first defensive player since J.J. Watt in 2014 to record a sack and catch a touchdown in the same game, the 9th player in NFL history to accomplish both in the same game, and the heaviest player in NFL history to catch a touchdown at 347 pounds.
NFL career statistics
- "Pac-12 Football Awards and All-Conference Team Announced". Pac-12.
- Jude, Adam (April 24, 2018). "Vita Vea is poised to become Huskies' second consecutive first-round NFL draft pick". Seattle Times. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Jude, Adam (December 5, 2017). "UW's Vita Vea named Morris Trophy winner as Pac-12's top defensive lineman". Seattle Times. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Jude, Adam (December 5, 2017). "UW's Vita Vea named Pac-12's defensive player of the year". Seattle Times. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "Washington star DL Vita Vea declares for NFL draft". Q13 FOX. January 2, 2018. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- Goodbread, Chase (March 4, 2018). "Vita Vea ends NFL Combine workout with hamstring injury". NFL. Retrieved April 24, 2018.
- "NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Vita Vea". NFL.com.
- Smith, Scott (April 26, 2018). "Revitalized Line: Bucs Nab Vita Vea at #12". Buccaneers.com.
- "Big guy, big catch: Vea TD leads Bucs past Falcons 35-22". www.espn.com. November 24, 2019. Retrieved November 24, 2019.
- "Buccaneers draft Vita Vea". Matangi Tonga. April 30, 2018. Retrieved May 2, 2018.