|City||Pine Grove, Wasco County, Oregon|
|Broadcast area||Portland, Oregon|
|First air date||2005|
|HAAT||510 meters (1673 feet)|
|Callsign meaning||K Portland Family Radio|
(Family Stations, Inc.)
KPFR (89.5 FM) is a non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve Pine Grove, Wasco County, Oregon, United States. The station, which began broadcasting in 2005, is currently owned by Family Stations, Inc.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on June 11, 2002. The new station was assigned the call letters KPFR by the FCC on June 27, 2002.
On July 18, 2002, the Educational Media Foundation reached an agreement to transfer the construction permit for KPFR to Family Stations, Inc., as part of an elaborate settlement involving station applications in three states. The deal was approved by the FCC on September 9, 2002, and the transaction was consummated on December 6, 2002. KPFR received its license to cover from the FCC on June 16, 2005.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron.
- "Radio Stations and Translators in Oregon". Family Radio. Retrieved April 7, 2009.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19970318MA)". FCC Media Bureau. June 11, 2002.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BAPED-20020729ABR)". FCC Media Bureau. December 6, 2002.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-20050610AIK)". FCC Media Bureau. June 16, 2005.