Kamaliya in 2010
|Birth name||Natalya Shmarenkova|
|Born||May 18, 1977|
|Origin||Zabaykalye, Chita Oblast, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union|
|Genres||Pop, Pop rock, synthpop, Europop, Eurodance, house music, electropop|
Mrs. World 2008
|Years active||1993 – present|
|Associated acts||Philipp Kirkorov, Thomas Anders, Jose Carreras|
Kamaliya Zahoor (Ukrainian: Камалія Захур, Russian: Камалия Захур; born May 18, 1977) is a Ukrainian musical performer, actress, model, and the 2008 Mrs. World. She became more widely known after being featured, with her husband, in the British TV-series Meet the Russians.
Kamaliya (real name Natalya Shmarenkova; Russian: Наталья Шмаренкова) was born in 1977 in Zabaikallye, Chita Oblast, Soviet Union. When she turned three, her military father was deployed to Budapest, where she danced and sang in the children's ensemble called "Kolokol’chik" (the Jingle). When her family later moved to Lviv, she took classes in violin and opera, and while in school, she took part in as many concerts and shows as possible. Her efforts were noticed and she received an invitation to sing with the Ukrainian folk music group "Halytska Perlyna" (Halych Perl).
In 1993 Kamaliya became the laureate of the Chervona Ruta (Red Rue) Festival and then won the TV-Chance-Stars contest in Moscow. In 1997 she graduated from the University of Culture with a Degree in Variety Art and Mass Shows Direction. At this time, she recorded her first video clip Techno style.
During 1999 and 2000, Kamaliya wrote more than 50 songs, and worked on her album It is Love. In 2000, her song Love You won the first prize as the National Hit Parade's Song of the Year. In 2001 she created the show-center Kamaliya, which not only promoted her, but also organized gala concerts and shows and programs with participation Ukrainian, Russian and foreign stars.
In 2005, Kamaliya took part in the All Ukrainian Charity Tour in support of children with AIDS. The President of Pakistan congratulated Kamaliya on her successful performance at the International Lahore Festival. In 2007 she took part in the Svit talantiv Ukrayiny (All-Ukraine Children Festival), and undertook a charity mission to Pakistan.. Kamaliya has its own charity called " Kamaliya Foundation".
Kamaliya performed at the Yuna Music Awards 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 in Ukraine, including a duet with Germany’s Thomas Anders of No Ordinary Love.. She was headliner at the "Mr. Gay World 2012" pageant in Johannesburg, South Africa. Kamaliya performed at Ahoy, Rotterdam at Symphony 31 "DJ meets Orchestra" on 14 & 16 March 2015. Kamaliya is a regular performer at the Gay Prides in Germany& UK and now planning in Netherlands too.
In 2003 she became "Miss South Ukraine" and "Miss Open – Odessa".
Mrs World 2008
On June 30, 2008, Kamaliya won the Mrs World pageant. The event took place in Kaliningrad, Russia. She ranked in the top five contestants, which were as follows: Mrs Ukraine, Mrs Belarus, Mrs Vietnam, Mrs Peru and Mrs Singapore.
In December 2011, Kamaliya released her debut UK single Crazy In My Heart. The track was mixed by the UK dance duo Digital Dog.
Kamaliya’s second UK single Rising UP was released on February 26, 2012. The single featured mixes by UK dance ensemble Cahill and US production wizards Soulseekerz. The video for this single was shot in Miami by Paul Boyd, in a luxury villa used in CSI Miami.
Kamaliya's love for animals caught the attention of the animal welfare charity World Society for the Protection of Animals (Now known as World Animal Protection) and on February 23, 2012 during a promotional trip to the UK, Kamaliya was asked to headline their annual fundraising party.
Recent notable performances include as a support act to the STEPS reunion tour across the UK. Kamaliya performed as a warm-up act to STEPS on all tour dates bar two (when she was in South Africa to headline Mr Gay World). These appearances coinceded with the launch of her 3rd single 'Arrhythmia' – an Ibiza-inspired dance anthem.
Kamaliya also released her debut UK album Kamaliya onto digital websites and for free with OK! Magazine on 7 August 2012.
In 2013 Kamaliya released her new album, "ClubOpera", which was written and produced for her by Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen and DSign Music. Prior to its release she released 4 singles out of this album. Those were "Butterflies" (2012), "I'm Alive" (2013), "Love Me Like" (2013), "Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby)" (2013).
Film and television career
Kamaliya's first film role was in the comedy film Muzh Moey Vdovy (Russian: Муж моей вдовы, My Widow's Husband ) by Leonid Gorovets. The movie had its theatrical release on April 1, 2010 in Ukraine and Russia. She also appeared in the 2013 American action film Officer Down as Katya. She also played a lead role in sci-fi movie called "Mantera".
Her new movie, "What About Love", in which she's co-starring with Sharon Stone, Andy Garcia, Jose Coronado, is to be released in the USA in end 2015.
Kamaliya also featured in many TV series and movies: Fathers and sons (и отцы, и дети); Russian 8-episode serial; Bagarne effect (Эффект Багарне);Russian 8-episode serial; and Gift of life (Подарок судьбы); Russian TV movie
She also featured in the reality shows: Riches cry too (Богатые тоже плачут) -Ukrainian TV Meet the Russians (FOX) The lifestyle of the Rich and Famous (NBC)
- "Techno Style" (1997)
- "Kamaliya, With Love"
- "Year Of The Queen"
- "Kamaliya" (2012) (both in English and Russian including remix version)
- "Club Opera" (2013)
- "Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby)" (2014)
- "Love me like" (2013)
- "I'm Alive" (2013)
- "Butterflies" (2012)
- "Arrhythmia" (2012)
- "Rising Up" (2012)
- "No Ordinary Love" (2012 featuring Thomas Anders)
- "Crazy In My Heart" (2011)
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Radio Edit) - 3:08
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Commercial Radio Edit) - 3:09
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Dub Mix) - 6:18
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Digital Dog Remix) - 6:10
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Buzz Junkies Edit) - 4:40
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Buzz Junkies Remix) - 6:12
- "Crazy In My Heart" (Buzz Junkies Dub) - 6:13
- "Rising Up" (2012)
- "Rising Up" (Cahill Radio Edit) - 3:37
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Radio Edit) - 3:35
- "Rising Up" (Cahill Club Mix) - 5:47
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Club Mix) - 7:14
- "Rising Up" (Cahill Dub) - 5:02
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Dub) - 7:13
- "Rising Up" (Soulseekerz Instrumental) - 7:16
- "Arrhythmia" (2012)
- "Arrhythmia" (Mike Rizzo Radio Edit) - 3:48
- "Arrhythmia" (Mike Rizzo Club Mix) - 6:30
- "Arrhythmia" (Wideboys Remix Radio Edit) - 3:58
- "Arrhythmia" (Wideboys Remix Full Club) - 6:41
- "Arrhythmia" (Stonebridge Mix) - 6:19
- "Arrhythmia" (Wideboys Remix Dub) - 6:41
- "Arrhythmia" (Mike Rizzo Instrumental) - 3:48
- "Butterflies" (2012)
- 1. Butterflies (DJ Antoine vs Mad Mark radio mix) - 3:46
- 2. Butterflies (Chuckie radio mix) - 3:21
- 3. Butterflies (Wideboys radio mix) - 3:40
- 4. Butterflies (Andi Durrant & Steve More radio mix) - 4:23
- 5. Butterflies (Cutmore radio mix) - 3:35
- 6. Butterflies (Jodie Harsh radio mix) - 3:23
- 7. Butterflies (Voodoo & Serano radio mix) - 3:04
- 8. Butterflies (Jean Ellan mix) - 6:22
- "I'm Alive" (2013)
- Remixes - EP
- "I'm Alive" (Radio Edit) - 4:11
- "I'm Alive" (Short Edit) - 4:02
- "I'm Alive" (Stadium Club Mix) - 6:59
- "I'm Alive" (Gregori Klosman Club Mix) - 5:06
- "I'm Alive" (Moto Blanco Club Mix) - 6:24
- Love Me Like (2013)
- 1. Love Me Like (Sidney Samson & Killfake radio mix) - 3:04
- 2. Love Me Like (Mike Delinquent radio mix) - 3:06
- 3. Love Me Like (Andi Durrant mix) - 4:38
- 4. Love Me Like (Cahill radio mix) - 3:37
- 5. Love Me Like (Eric Kupper radio mix) - 3:31
- 6. Love Me Like (Michael Gray radio mix) - 2:55
- 7. Love Me Like (Qblock radio mix) - 3:30
- Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (2014)
- 1. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (A/Class radio edit) - 3:45
- 2. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (Fedde Le Grand radio edit) - 3:29
- 3. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (Scott Mills radio edit) - 3:45
- 4. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (Adam Turner radio edit) - 4:02
- 5. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (Opus Black radio edit) - 4:44
- 6. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (Oxide radio edit) - 3:21
- 7. Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby) (TS7 radio edit) - 3:10
- Never Wanna Hurt You (Bad Love, Baby)
- Love Me Like
- I'm Alive
- No Ordinary Love
- Rising Up
- Crazy In My Heart
- Игра с огнем
- Ты - просто привычка
- Скорый поезд
- Год были вдвоем
- Таке ніжне почуття
- От заката до рассвета
- Пока нет лета
- Ангел снов
In 2003, she married British/Pakistan businessman Mohammad Zahoor.
On September 6, 2013 Kamaliya gave birth to twin girls, Arabella and Mirabella.
- Popova, Yuliya (August 6, 2009). "Zahoor’s wife, Kamaliya, has her own ambitions". Kyiv Post. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- Popova, Yuliya (November 26, 2009). "Ukrainian Kamaliya passes her Mrs. World crown to Russian beauty". Kyiv Post. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Cantora ucraniana vence o concurso 'Miss Casada'". G1 (in Portuguese) (AFP). June 30, 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Kamaliya bio at UMKA". umka.com.ua. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- staff report (November 12, 2006). "Puppets and pop music—a fantastic Saturday night". Daily Times. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Svit talantiv Ukrayiny, the 5th All-Ukraine Children Festival". wumag.kiev.ua. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Mrs World history". Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "News without politics". Voice of Russia. July 1, 2008. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- Муж моей вдовы (in Russian). today.od.ua. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Officer Down (2013)". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2013-04-19.
- Заслуженная артистка Украины (in Russian). kamaliya.net. Retrieved 26 May 2010.