Kamen Rider Black (character)
||This article was considered for deletion, and requires cleanup according to the discussion. (December 2013)|
Kamen Rider Black (仮面ライダーBLACK Kamen Raidā Burakku?) is the primary and eponymous protagonist in the 1987-1988 Kamen Rider Series Kamen Rider Black, later evolving into Kamen Rider Black RX of Kamen Rider Black RX. His original name is Century King Black Sun (世紀王ブラックサン Seiki-O Burakku San?).
Kohtaro Minami (南 光太郎 Minami Kōtarō?, portrayed by Tetsuo Kurata) was born on the day of a solar eclipse alongside his stepbrother Nobuhiko, revered by the Gorgom as the heirs to their leader's throne: the Century Kings "Black Sun" and "Shadow Moon". Once the two were of the ideal age, the Gorgom captured them and infused them each with a King Stone. However, Soichiro Akizuki (portrayed by Kantaro Suga), Nobuhiko's father and Kohtaro's legal guardian/foster dad, interrupted the final mind-altering stage of the surgery and Kohtaro barely escaped with his life while Nobuhiko was in a state of hibernation. Before Soichiro was killed for his actions at the hands of five Spider Mutants, revealing to Kohtaro that his parents were murdered by Gorgom while he was a baby, Kohtaro took on the name of "Kamen Rider Black" to fight Gorgom and later Shadow Moon, Nobuhiko's perfected Century King form and a pure, cold-blooded Gorgom leader. When he was initially killed by Shadow Moon, his remaining family members (Kyoko and Kasumi) were forced to evacuate from Gorgom's hegemony over Japan. He was eventually resurrected and fought his way through the remaining monsters before presumably killing Shadow Moon (and in the process, Nobuhiko) and destroying the Creation King. Soon afterwards, Kohtaro visits the Capitola bar for the last time and then leaves for an unknown destination.
In Super Hero Taisen GP after Shocker alters the timeline by sending Kamen Rider 3 into 1973, Kotaro's timeline changed where as he didn't received RX powers in the present, yet regained his original memories on what happen in the timeline he is in now. He is seen as one of the two Rider resistances beside Takumi Inui secretly. He first fought Shocker Rider Drive (shortly before he somehow regained his old memories back as Kamen Rider Drive) and Cheetahkatatsumuri. When the Shocker members' projectile goes shots to the children, BLACK protects them, revealing the role of what the true Kamen Rider looks like in protecting people's smiles and hapiness, which caused Drive shortly remember. As Drive is gone chasing Rider 3, who saved his life, and Shocker left to chase them, a fully recovered Kiriko "arrest" a weakened Kotaro under "custody" and secretly taken to Drive Pits, where the members of Special Investigation Division (except Otta, who is one of Shocker member in that timeline) fully recovered their original memories under their care. He soon discuss with Kiriko and Shinnosuke about what happen in the timeline they are in and about Kamen Rider 3 for being a Rider who should never be exist. When Shocker somehow spots Special Investigation Division on hiding Kotaro under their care and attacks the Drive Pit, Kotaro sacrifice his life to get Shinnosuke and Kiriko escape. He is soon revived thanks to Shinnosuke's light, and receive RX powers back once more. Learning that Drive challenge Shocker for a race and Shocker themselves secretly plotting a dirty tricks, he is joined by Faiz and Mach to counter Shockers' cheats, and to save Kiriko and Yuto Sakurai/Kamen Rider Zeronos. After Drive won, in a same time Rider 3 redeeming himself and Shocker doesn't know how to accept their lost, using Rider 3 as a vessel for Rider Robo's power to destroy the Riders and their civilian resistance, BLACK RX and his Rider resistance allies are joined a fully recovered Royal Ace Kamen Riders from Kamen Rider Blade, until by the luck, Rider 3's will of redemtion, thanks to Shinnosuke's emphaty revives original Double Riders and restores Shocker Riders' memories back to Kamen Riders, then Rider 3 manage to escape from the Great Leader's control of the Rider Robo, rendering the leader powerless to use a timeline modifier, when he is gone too far erasing most of the Riders from the existence.
Kamen Rider Black
- Rider Punch and Rider Kick: The primary killer moves in the entire series were the Rider Punch (ライダーパンチ Raidā Panchi?) and Rider Kick (ライダーキック Raidā Kikku?) which is charged with King Stone Energy at the right fist and the right foot. After delivering either one or both moves to any monsters, they would be engulfed in flames before finally destroyed. Kamen Rider Black discovered his weakness when he was fighting a Crab monster. His Rider Punch had no effect on the monster due to its strong shell. To increase his capabilities, Kamen Rider Black trained himself to find a new killer move to destroy the monster. While training, he discovered a new Rider Punch which was more effective and more deadly. These stronger variations of Rider Punch & Rider Kick gave out stronger force of light and were more blinding. The difference between the new and the old moves were that the new ones required Kamen Rider Black to touch his knees before hitting his enemies.
- Rider Chop: Though not used by Black for finishing off monsters, this move can slice through most materials, and the series mentions that it can cut through 100mm of solid steel.
- Multi-Eye: His eyes would glow and the functions were to see monsters' movements in the dark and to detect their weaknesses.
- Sensoring Ears: The triangular structures on both sides of his head would glow purple and the function was to hear voices and sounds from far away.
- Rider Sensor: Kamen Rider Black's antennas would move to detect monsters which were moving too fast to be seen.
- Power Stripes: His Yellow-Red-Yellow bands on his neck and wrists would glow to repel any monsters' sticky fluids or goo on his body.
- Dragon Shoot: A move only seen in episodes 16 and 30. The Dragon Shoot was taught by the Interpol Agent, Ryusuke Taki. Ryusuke threw the Ultra Quartz (a wanted object in the episode) towards Kamen Rider Black where he quickly jumped and kicked it with one foot. In episode 30, Kohtaro, having recovered some from memory loss caused by Bilgenia's Dark Storm move, uses the move again to return a soccer ball to some children.
- King Stone Flash: Perhaps the most powerful technique. By shouting out "King Stone Flash", Kamen Rider Black could fire a burst of energy from his belt. It worked every time to fend off the villains; whether it's the High Priests or even the powerful Shadow Moon. In Kamen Rider Decade, however, it was shown that the King Stone Flash is able to take out several Crisis minions.
In order to transform, Kohtaro uses an arm twisting pose, then shouting "Henshin!" The King Stone is revealed in a red flash, materializing with the belt. With the intensity of several red & white flashes, Kohtaro's body first evolves into a grasshopper-like mutant exoskeleton before refining itself into Kamen Rider Black. The King Stone is also means of charging several energies to perform his signature attacks.
The Satan Sabre (サタンサーベル Satan Sāberu?) is a weapon created for use by the Century Kings. Initially used by Shadow Moon, Black, being a Century King himself, has the ability to use the weapon. Black used it in the finale to damage Shadow Moon's King Stone in their final confrontation and once again to ultimately kill the Creation King.
The Battle Hopper (バトルホッパー Batoru Hoppā?) is a living motorcycle created by Gorgom, made specifically for the upcoming Creation Kings Black Sun and Shadow Moon. The Battle Hopper has the ability to heal its own wounds if damaged, and can stand on its own if knocked over. His special move is the Dynamic Smash, a body slam attack that is executed at full speed. Before the finale, Battle Hopper was later stolen by Shadow Moon and dies in the final episode, but would later be resurrected as Acrobatter in response to Black's evolution to Black RX.
The Road Sector (ロードセクター Rōdo Sekutā?) is a motorcycle created by Yoichi Daimon for Gorgom. The Road Sector is a prototype made with the intention of making it a mass-produced vehicle for their mutant soldiers, but instead it became Kamen Rider Black's second Rider Machine. The Road Sector has a special function called the Attack Shield that shields the rider from harm. In this mode, the Road Sector can perform its special ramming maneuver, the Sparkling Attack. The Road Sector can travel at the speed of 500 kilometers per hour with its 1,515 horsepower engine. The Attack Shield is activated at the speed of 800 km/h, which enables the Road Sector to reach the maximum speed of 960 kilometers per hour to perform the Sparkling Attack.