This article does not cite any sources. (April 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kappil (Malayalam: കാപ്പില് (ആലപ്പുഴ)) is a small village in Alappuzha district of Kerala state, India.
Kappil is located near the famous Oachira Temple. It is located in the district of Alapuzha in Kerala, which is the southern state of India. It is mainly divided as Kappil East and Kappil West. Kattachira, Choonadu etc. are some of the nearest places. The nearest town is Kayamkulam which is only 5 km away.
The residents speak Malayalam with a central travancore accent.
This village has a literacy rate of above 95%.
- NNMUPS or Alummoottil School,
- C.M.S.L.P School,
- Govt LP School,
- Vishawabharathi High School
Places of worship
- St. Paul's CSI Church, Kappil;
- St. Thomas Mar Thoma Church
- Vayalil Temple, Thumpilil Temple, kurakkavu temple, kalathil temple,Kuttiyil temple, Chirakkalkutti temple, Vethalan Kavu Mahadeva Temple are the famous temples.
At kappil East there is a "Sarvamatha sauhardha sangham" doing kettukazcha for Ochira temple this is a secular committee and its president is from Muslim community.
|This article related to a location in Alappuzha district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|