|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Traded as||BİST: KARSN|
|Headquarters||Akçalar, Bursa, Turkey|
|İnan Kıraç (Chairman)
Jan Nahum (Executive Board Member)
Murat Selek (CEO)
|Products||Automobiles, commercial vehicles|
Karsan was founded in 1966 in Bursa, Turkey, to produce light commercial vehicles. Koç Group assumed management control of the company between 1979-1998. Later on Kıraça Group took over the company in 1998 by acquiring the majority of the shares under the leadership of İnan Kıraç.
Karsan, owned by 100% Turkish capital, produces and sells Peugeot light commercial vehicles under a licensing agreement with the French manufacturer, as well as the Fiat Ducato and its rebadged version the Peugeot Boxer. In addition to these, Karsan produces and sells special vehicles such as ambulances, taxis, patrol vehicles and 4x4s.
At the end of 2010, the J9 Premier minibus was replaced with the Karsan J10, available in three body versions- with 14, 17 or 20 seats, and powered by a Euro 4 common rail 2,3 liter diesel engine of Iveco origin. At the end of 2013, the J10 minibus has been replaced by the Karsan Jest.
- Peugeot Partner (1997–present)
- Peugeot Boxer (2001–unknown)
- Fiat Ducato (2001–unknown)
- Hyundai Truck (2007–present)
- Citroën Berlingo (2008–present)
- Renault Premium (2008–present)
- Renault Kerax (2009–present)
- BredaMenarinibus Vivacity (2010–present)
- BredaMenarinibus Avancity (2010–present)
- Karsan V-1 (prototype)
- Karsan Jest (2013–present)
- Karsan Atak (2014–present)
- Karsan Star (2014–present)
- Hyundai H350 (2015–present)