Aerial View of the Kazhakoottam area with the Technopark Phase I campus (1998)
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||KL- 22|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Trivandrum|
Kazhakuttom is a locality in Thiruvananthapuram city, the capital of Kerala, India. It is located on the National Highway 47 on the way to Kollam from the city, and has gained in significance because of proximity to Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, and Technopark. Schools include the Sainik School, Kazhakoottam,St.Thomas Central School,Mar Chrisostam Nagar,Kazhakuttom and Jyothis Central School. Kinfra Film and Video Park, a theme park, is located in Kazhakuttom. Trivandrum International Stadium (Greenfield Stadium) is also located in karyavattom, Kazhakuttom
Kazhakuttom was the centre of power for Kazhakuttathu Ugran Pillai, the prominent one among the Ettuveetil Pillamar (Pillais from Eight Houses) who rebelled against the Travancore king Marthandavarma in the late 18th century. After defeating Pillai, Marthanda Varma destroyed Kazhakuttom Pillai's palace. He also dug a pond in place of the palace. To redeem himself, he built a temple to Krishna nearby. Both the pond and the temple exist, even now. The Mahadeva Temple in Kazhakuttom is believed[by whom?] to be around 1000 years old.
Today, Kazhakuttom is the heart of the IT sector of Thiruvananthapuram having the Technopark as well as the offices of many multi national companies along the IT corridor.
Apart from the Technopark, Sainik School of Kerala state is also located at Kazhakootam.
Kazhakootam is well connected by road and rail.
NH47 which connects to Thiruvananthapuram, Kollam, Ernakulam passes through Kazhakootam.Also Thiruvananthapuram Bypass road towards Kovalam starts from Kazhakootam. From Vetturoad, Kazhakuttom Main Central road can be accessed via a bypass road which connects to Venjarammoodu.
Kazhakootam railway station (KZK) is situated at a distance of 1.5 km from Kazhakootam. Kochuveli (KCVL) is around 8 km south of Kazhakoottam, and can be accessed through the Bypass to the National Highway.
Trivandrum International Airport is 15 km south of Kazhakuttom.
The population in Kazhakootam practices Hinduism, Christianity and Islam. Kazhakuttom Pillamar which was a famous royal family ruled kazhakuttom. Kazhakuttom is also famous for its agraharam and Mahadeva temple which is 1000 years old.
- List of Temples
- Mahadeva Temple, Kazhakootam
- Ayyapan Kovil,Kazhakuttom
- Krishnan Kovil
- Kudavoor Devi Temple
- Kottayathu Kavu
- Padiykavilakom Devi Temple
- Kariyil Padiykavilakom Devi Temple
- Pullattukari Devi Temple
- Pillaveedu Sree Bhadrakaali Temple, Vetturoad
- Mutharamman Temple, Vetturoad
- Kuratoor Sree Dharmashastha temple, Chanthavila
- Sree Palkara Bhagavathy Temple, Menamkulam
- List of Churches
- St.Mary's Malankara Catholic Church Kariyavattom
- Fathima matha catholic church
- St. Mary's and St. Jude Orthodox Syrian Church
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church
- C.S.I. Church, Ambalathinkara
- Bethel Mar Thoma Church, Kazhakuttom
- Christ The King Church, Kariyavattam
- List of Mosques
- Kabaradi Muslim Juma Masjid
Places to Visit
Kazhakuttam assembly constituency is part of Trivandrum (Lok Sabha constituency). In Kerala state Legislative assembly kazhakootam is represented by KADAKAMPALLY SURENDRAN from C.P.M.
Kazhakuttom vard councillor V.K.PRASHANTH from C.P.M is elected to Mayor of Trivandrum on 2015 November 
State Government Offices
- Kazhakootam, Sub Registrar's Office
- Regional Transport Office.
Asset Homes- Asset Orchestra
SFS- Cyber Gateway Apartments 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kazhakoottam.|
- "KERALA LEGISLATURE - MEMBERS- 14th KERALA LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY". Retrieved 19 May 2016.
- "Corporation Zonal Offices".
- "Assembly Constituencies - Corresponding Districts and Parliamentary Constituencies" (PDF). Kerala. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-21.
- Asset Homes