Nemom railway station
|Regional rail and Light rail station|
|Location||Nemom, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
|Elevation||28 metres (92 ft)|
|Structure type||Standard (on ground station)|
|Zone(s)||Southern Railway zone|
Train operating centre
Indian Railways have finalized a proposal for setting up an operating centre in Nemom, for trains starting from and terminating in Thiruvananthapuram Central. All coach maintenance activities performed at Thiruvananthapuram Central proposed to be transferred to Nemom once operating centre is commissioned. Railways propose to set up 10 pit lines for maintenance of 30 trains, 12 stabling lines, sick lines and staff quarters at Nemom.
Proposed new passenger terminal
The Ministry of Railways, in its budget for fiscal year 2011-2012 announced to develop Nemom as second satellite passenger terminual to Trivandrum Central. Trivandrum will thus become first city in Kerala to have two satellite stations. Nemom will soon be developed as a full-fledged railway station with 5 platforms and will act as a terminus station for trains coming to Trivandrum, thereby reducing rush/congestion in the Central railway station.
It is also proposed to lay one more track between Nemom and Kochuveli to ease the traffic in this corridor. This stretch will become the first in the state to have a three line service. 
In future, a new rail line are expected to connect Nemom with Vizhinjam port. Extension of proposed Shabari rail line from Erumeli via Pathanamthitta, Punalur,Nedumanagad is expected to connect with proposed Nemom terminal.
- Indian Railways
- Transport in Thiruvananthapuram
- Thiruvananthapuram Central
- Kochuveli Railway station
- The Hindu : Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Thiruvananthapuram Central to be made a world-class station
- The Hindu : Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Nemom to be operating centre for trains
- The Hindu : Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : Train operating centre proposal finalised
- The Hindu Business Line : Thiruvananthapuram Rly Divn earns Rs 837 cr in 2009-10
- The Hindu : Cities / Thiruvananthapuram : Railways for third line between Thiruvananthapuram and Kochuveli