|Birth name||Keith Carlock|
|Born||November 29, 1971|
|Origin||Clinton, Mississippi, U.S.|
Keith Carlock is an American musician who has played drums with Toto, Wayne Krantz, Steely Dan, James Taylor, Donald Fagen, Walter Becker, Tal Wilkenfeld, John Mayer, Sting, and Chris Botti. In Modern Drummer's 2009 Readers Poll, he was voted best Pop, Fusion, and All-Around drummer. He is a member of the Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame.
In October 2009, he released an instructional DVD called The Big Picture: Phrasing, Improvisation, Style, and Technique.
Carlock met and began playing with Steely Dan in the late 1990s, starring on their album Two Against Nature released in 2000 and then Everything Must Go released in 2003. Carlock has been touring with them since 2003, continuing to do so despite Walter Becker's death in 2017. In January 2014, Carlock joined Toto, replacing longtime drummer Simon Phillips. He played on every track of the album Toto XIV and toured with them in April–May 2014.
- Keith Carlock Interview NAMM Oral History Library (2008)
- "Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame". Retrieved July 4, 2017.
- "Keith Carlock". Drummerworld. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- Bergamini, Joe. "Keith Carlock: Behind The Scenes". Drum Magazine. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Walter Becker, Steely Dan Co-Founder, Found Dead at 67". RollingStone.com. September 3, 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "Steely Dan 2015 touring band". SteelyDan.com. May 5, 2015. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "Toto Ramps Up for Busy 2014 with Planned Studio Album, Upcoming DVD/CD Release, Japanese Tour". TotoOfficial.com. January 23, 2014. Archived from the original on April 7, 2014. Retrieved January 9, 2015.