|Single by Toto|
|from the album The Seventh One|
|B-side||"The Seventh One" (USA)
"You Got Me" (Europe/Japan)
"Stay Away" (UK)
|Format||CD / 7" / 12"|
|Genre||Soft rock, neo-progressive rock, jazz rock|
|Writer(s)||David Paich, Joseph Williams|
"Pamela" is a pop rock song written by David Paich and Joseph Williams for the 1988 Toto album The Seventh One. It was the first single from the album, and it peaked at #22 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart becoming their final US hit to date.
The song was written by David Paich and Joseph Williams. Paich had first written the chorus, music and words, including the name, "Pamela". Williams happened to have a girlfriend at the time named "Pamela", and had already written a song for her by the same name. The chorus of Williams's song was used in the bridge, and Williams wrote new words and melody for the verses as well.
- Joseph Williams - lead and backing vocals
- Steve Lukather - guitars, backing vocal
- David Paich - synthesizers, piano, backing vocal
- Mike Porcaro - bass
- Jeff Porcaro - drums, percussion
- Additional musicians
- Tom Kelly - backing vocal
- Joe Porcaro - vibraphone
- Steve Porcaro - synthesizers, programming
- Tom Scott - horn arrangements
- "Toto Releases: The Seventh One". Retrieved 2007-09-28.
- Toto USA chart history, Billboard.com. Retrieved February 28, 2012.