Aerial photograph of Kiuruvesi
Location of Kiuruvesi in Finland
|Sub-region||Upper Savonia sub-region|
|• Town manager||Erkki Strömmer|
|• Total||1,328.13 km2 (512.79 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,328.11 km2 (512.79 sq mi)|
|• Water||94.79 km2 (36.60 sq mi)|
|Area rank||51st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||118th largest in Finland|
|• Density||6.44/km2 (16.7/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.2% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||16.2%|
|• 15 to 64||60.9%|
|• 65 or older||22.9%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
Kiuruvesi is a town and municipality of Finland located in the former province of Eastern Finland and is part of the Northern Savonia region. The municipality has a population of 8,556 and covers an area of 1,328.13 square kilometres (512.79 sq mi) of which 94.79 km2 (36.60 sq mi) is water. The population density is 6.44 inhabitants per square kilometre (16.7/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Iisalmi, Pielavesi, Pyhäjärvi, Pyhäntä and Vieremä. The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
The educational department takes part in Lifelong Learning Programme 2007–2013 in Finland.
Results of the Finnish parliamentary election, 2011 in Kiuruvesi:
- Centre Party 41.7%
- True Finns 20.8%
- Left Alliance 14.6%
- National Coalition Party 12.2%
- Social Democratic Party 5.6%
- Christian Democrats 2.7%
- Green League 1.6%
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
Media related to Kiuruvesi at Wikimedia Commons
- Town of Kiuruvesi – Official website
|This Eastern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|