St Mary's parish church
|Population||335 (2011 Census)|
|OS grid reference|
|• London||130 mi (210 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Knaith is a village and civil parish about 3 miles (5 km) south of the town of Gainsborough in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 335.
Knaith is listed in the 1086 Domesday Book with three households, a meadow of 25 acres (10 ha) and 26 acres (11 ha) of woodland. The Lord of the property was in both 1066 and 1086 was the St Mary's Abbey of Stow, and the Tenant in Chief in 1086 was the Bishop of Lincoln (St Mary). There are earthwork remains of Knaith medieval village. These include a medieval deer park created in the early 13th century. South of Knaith Hall are garden remains from the 16th or 17th century, and the remains of an 18th-century deer park.
The Church of England parish church of St Mary is 11th century, with alterations from the 14th and 18th, and an 1894 restoration. It is a Grade II* listed building. St Mary's might be the transept or nave of the church of Heynings Priory, a Cistercian nunnery founded probably around 1150.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- Knaith in the Domesday Book. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Historic England. "Knaith DMV (891745)". PastScape. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Historic England. "Knaith Deer Park (891739)". PastScape. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Historic England. "Knaith gardens and deer park (891746)". PastScape. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Historic England. "Knaith Hall, Church Lane (1359480)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Historic England. "Church of St Mary (1064050)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 21 September 2013.
- Historic England. "St Marys Church, Knaith (324927)". PastScape. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Pevsner, Nikolaus; Harris, John (1964). Lincolnshire. The Buildings of England. Harmondsworth: Penguin Books. p. 290.
- Media related to Knaith at Wikimedia Commons