Legacies (TV series)
This is an old revision of this page, as edited by IJBall at 21:18, 27 October 2018 (Reverted 3 edits by 220.127.116.11 (talk): Rvv. (TW)). The present address (URL) is a permanent link to this revision, which may differ significantly from the .
|Created by||Julie Plec|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||1 (list of episodes)|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television Distribution|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||October 25, 2018 –|
|Related shows||The Vampire Diaries |
Legacies is an American television drama series that premiered on October 25, 2018, on The CW. It is a spinoff of The Originals. It was created by Julie Plec, creator of The Originals and co-creator of The Vampire Diaries, and stars Danielle Rose Russell.
Legacies follows Hope Mikaelson, the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall, who is descended from some of the most powerful vampire, werewolf, and witch bloodlines. Two years after the events of The Originals, 17-year-old Hope attends the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted. The school provides a haven where supernatural beings can learn to control their abilities and impulses.
- Danielle Rose Russell as Hope Mikaelson
- Aria Shahghasemi as Landon Kirby
- Kaylee Bryant as Josie Saltzman
- Jenny Boyd as Lizzie Saltzman
- Quincy Fouse as Milton "M. G." Greasley
- Peyton Alex Smith as Rafael
- Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
Special guest star
In August 2017, it was announced that early discussion on the development of a spinoff of The Originals, focusing on Hope Mikaelson the daughter of Klaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall, were taking place with Julie Plec, creator of The Originals and co-creator of The Vampire Diaries. In January 2018, it was revealed that a pilot for the spinoff had been ordered; Plec penned the pilot script, and is credited with creating the series. It was announced in March 2018 that the spinoff had been ordered to pilot, but instead of a traditional pilot, a fifteen-minute pilot presentation of the series would be presented to The CW.
On May 11, 2018, it was announced that the spinoff, titled Legacies, was ordered to series for the 2018–19 U.S. television season. In June 2018, it was announced that the series would premiere on October 25, 2018. On October 8, 2018, The CW ordered three additional scripts for the series, bringing the total script order to sixteen.
It was announced in March 2018 that The Vampire Diaries veteran Matt Davis would reprise the role of Alaric Saltzman, and that Danielle Rose Russell would star as Hope Mikaelson. Quincy Fouse, Jenny Boyd, Kaylee Bryant, and Aria Shahghasemi are also set to star. Shahghasemi would debut in the twelfth episode of the fifth season of The Originals as Hope's friend, Landon. It was revealed at San Diego Comic-Con in July 2018 that Paul Wesley would direct an episode, and that Zach Roerig would appear in the series. Also, it was revealed that Steven R. McQueen would appear as Jeremy Gilbert in the series' third episode.
|No.||Title ||Directed by||Written by||Original air date ||Prod.|
|1||"This Is the Part Where You Run"||Chris Grismer||Julie Plec||October 25, 2018||T46.10051||1.12|
|2||"Some People Just Want to Watch the World Burn"||Michael Allowitz||Brett Matthews & Julie Plec||November 1, 2018||TBA||N/A|
|3||"We're Being Punked, Pedro"||Carol Banker||Julie Plec & Sherman Payne||November 8, 2018||TBA||N/A|
|4||"Hope Is Not the Goal"||Chris Grismer||Teleplay by: Bryce Ahart & Stephanie McFarlane|
Story by: Brett Mathews
|November 15, 2018||TBA||N/A|
On the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the series has an approval rating of 71% based on 7 reviews, with an average rating of 8.67 out of 10. Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 59 out of 100 based on 5 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
|1||"This Is the Part Where You Run"||October 25, 2018||0.3/1||1.12||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Pena, Jessica (May 17, 2018). "Legacies: CW Orders Spinoff of The Originals for Fall 2018". TV Series Finale. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- Roffman, Marisa (July 21, 2018). "'Legacies' Books First 'Vampire Diaries' Vets but Will Follow Its Own Path". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 21, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (March 6, 2018). "'TVD/The Originals' Universe Spinoff: Matt Davis & Danielle Rose Russell Lead Cast of Hope-Centric Series In Works At the CW". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (August 29, 2018). "Legacies Photos: Meet the Originals Spinoff Cast — and Start Speculating!". TVLine. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- "Legacies (CW) – Listings". The Futon Critic. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- "'Legacies': Peyton Alex Smith Joins The CW Drama As Series Regular". Deadline. August 1, 2018. Retrieved August 2, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (August 21, 2018). "'Legacies': Karen David To Recur In The CW Drama Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 2, 2017). "'The Originals' Spinoff Centered On Character Hope In Early Talks At The CW – TCA". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- "Development Update: Wednesday, August 2". The Futon Critic. August 2, 2017. Retrieved May 17, 2018.
Hope Mikaelson, the tribrid daughter of Niklaus Mikaelson and Hayley Marshall-Kenner, is being eyed for a potential spinoff of the series, which wraps its run after five seasons next year.
- DarkUFO (January 17, 2018). "Thee Originals – Spin-off ordered to Pilot?". Spoiler TV. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (March 6, 2018). "'The Originals' Spinoff Moves Forward at CW With Danielle Rose Russell, Matt Davis Set to Star". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Kantor, Jonathan H. (June 1, 2018). "6 New CW Shows Coming This Year (And 9 In Development)". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
Unlike most series ordered to pilot by the network, Legacies was given the opportunity to present a 15 minute pilot presentation for the series.
- Highfill, Samantha (May 11, 2018). "The CW picks up Legacies, the Hope-centric Originals spin-off". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 15, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (June 20, 2018). "The CW Sets Fall Premiere Dates, Including New 'Super' Sunday". TVLine. Retrieved June 21, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (October 8, 2018). "The CW Orders Additional Scripts for All American, Charmed and Legacies". TVLine. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (May 11, 2018). "The CW Picks Up 'Charmed' & 'Roswell' Reboots, 'TVD'/'Originals Offshoot, 'In The Dark' & Greg Berlanti Pilot To Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (November 17, 2017). "The Originals Final Season Scoop: Meet the Human Who Catches Hope's Eye". TVLine. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (August 1, 2018). "Vampire Diaries' Steven R. McQueen to Reprise His Role on Spinoff Legacies". TVLine. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 26, 2018). "'Big Bang Theory,' 'Supernatural,' and 'Thursday Night Football' adjust up, 'Will & Grace' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- "(#102) "Some People Just Want to Watch the World Burn"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- "(#103) "We're being Punked, Pedro"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- "(#104) "Hope is Not the Goal"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- "Legacies: Season 1 (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 27, 2018.
- "Legacies: Season 1". Metacritic. Retrieved October 27, 2018.