List of IndyCar Series teams
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Full–time IndyCar Series teams
Active Part–Time IndyCar Series Teams
Other planned or recently active IndyCar Series teams
- American Dream Motorsports - Formerly Playa Del Racing, car crashed in practice for the 2008 Indy 500 and team has reportedly since gone bankrupt.
- Cahill Racing - Announced plans to run in 2007 with driver Milka Duno then abruptly canceled a press conference where an official announcement was to be made and did not enter a race in 2007.
- Chastain Motorsports - Competed in the 2007 Indy 500 but did not enter the 2008 race.
- Cheever Racing - Long-time IndyCar Series team has not raced since Kansas race in 2006. Some equipment was sold to Vision Racing.
- China Racing - Team reportedly organized by former CURB/Agajanian/3G Racing owner Greg Beck filed an entry for the 2011 Indianapolis 500. Funding did not arrive and the entry was withdrawn.
- Conquest Racing - Long time Champ Car and IndyCar team did not field a team in 2012 due to a lack of funding and engine contract.
- Coulson Racing - Former IndyCar team active from 1998 to 2002 has resumed operations and announced intentions to return to the Indycar Series in 2012. However, no entry materialized.
- CURB/Agajanian/3G Racing - competed full-time in 2009 and anticipated continuing in 2010, but did not enter any races in 2010. They are reportedly still intact and looking for sponsorship to resume operations and has reportedly begun working with Walker Racing to that end.
- D. B. Mann Motorsports - Former Indy 500 owner Dave Mann and Bowes Seal Fast owner Fred Azbell, Jr. announced they were looking to form a team for the 2008 IndyCar season. Nothing has been seen or heard from this team since.
- Dragon Racing - Will not race in the 2014 IndyCar Series season to focus on the 2014-15 FIA Formula E Championship.
- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing - Long-time IndyCar team ceased racing after the 2013 Indy 500. They stated they intend to at least enter the Indy 500 in 2014.
- Fan Force United - Indy Lights team that ran the 2012 Indy 500 with a Lotus-powered entry for Jean Alesi.
- FAZZT Race Team competed full-time in 2010. On March 1, 2011 it was announced that the team had been sold to Sam Schmidt Motorsports. The team's driver Alex Tagliani and all team personnel were retained.
- Fernandez Racing - Competed from 2003 to 2006, both drivers and sponsors left after 2006 season. Most IndyCar equipment was sold to Panther, Beck, and Schmidt.
- Hemelgarn Racing - Long time IndyCar team last fielded a car for the 2009 Indy 500 but failed to qualify after racing in the 2008 race. Did not enter 2010 Indy 500.
- Forsythe Racing - Announced that they were close to completing a deal to compete full-time in the IndyCar Series in 2009. The team has since made no announcements regarding IndyCar Series involvement.
- HVM Racing - Long-time Champ Car and IndyCar team lost sponsorship and driver after trouble with Lotus engine in 2012. Joined with Andretti Autosport for #5 entry in 2013.
- Kingdom Racing - New team announced by George Del Canto, intended to race in 2008. Announced they had signed Davey Hamilton as their driver for the Indy 500, and ended up sponsoring Hamilton's Vision Racing entry. Kingdom associated with Hamilton to form an Indy Lights team and field Hamilton in the Indy 500 again in 2009.
- Luyendyk Racing - Competed in 2006 Indy 500, has not entered a race since.
- Michael Shank Racing - Sports car team purchased a DW12 chassis announced an entry in the 2012 Indy 500 but could not secure an engine contract.
- Newman/Haas Racing - The team ceased operations after the 2011 season.
- Pacific Coast Motorsports - Former Champ Car team participated in a partial IndyCar Series season in 2008, merged with Rubicon prior to 2009 race season, but the alliance dissolved before a race was run and it did not field an entry in 2009.
- PDM Racing - Long-time IndyCar Series team last attempted the Indy 500 in 2007 but failed to qualify, filed an entry in 2008 but did not appear, did not file an entry in 2009. They currently field a full-time entry in Indy Lights.
- Roth Racing - Competed in 3 races in 2006, a partial season in 2007, and a full season in 2008 with a partial season for a 2nd car. Filed an entry in 2009 Indy 500 but did not appear. The team's equipment was sold in late 2009 to FAZZT.
- SAMAX Motorsport - Ran a partial season schedule for Milka Duno in 2007 but did not enter a race in 2008. Team returned to sports car racing and has since gone bankrupt after being the victim of a Ponzi scheme orchestrated by driver Henri Zogaib.
- SH Racing - Team founded by T. J. Humphreys and James Sullivan, funded by Redline Xtreme Energy Drink announced plans to enter the 2011 Indianapolis 500. Their car was fielded by KV Racing Technology and on March 29, 2011 their driver was announced as Tomas Scheckter. Cooperating with KV Racing for #11 entry for Tony Kanaan in 2013.
- Team Leader Motorsports - Unsuccessfully attempted to qualify for the 2007 Indy 500 and did not enter the 2008 race.
- Vision Racing - Team owned by IRL founder Tony George fielded Ed Carpenter from 2004 to 2009, but the team shut down prior to the 2010 season due to lack of sponsorship as George left all ownership and management roles within the league. Later cooperated with Panther Racing for part-time entry for Carpenter in 2010.
- Walker Racing - former Champ Car team indicated that they would race in the IndyCar Series in 2008 and later announced that they would not. They assisted Vision Racing in fielding Paul Tracy's entry in the 2008 Grand Prix of Edmonton. In 2009 and 2010 they fielded an entry in Indy Lights.
- CoulsonRacing.com, Retrieved 2011-08-01
- Politically Connected Indy Law Firm Lands IndyCar Team, Lewis & Wilkins LLP press release, December 20, 2007
- Sam Schmidt buys FAZZT Race Team, Autoweek, March 1, 2011, Retrieved 2011-03-10
- Phillips, David. Forsythe plan IRL and ALMS for '09, Autosport.com, July 19, 2008
- Silly Season pages - Kingdom Racing, Auto Racing One, October 14, 2007
- REDLINE Energy and newly formed SH RACING plan early Attack on 2011 Indianapolis 500, Redline Energy PR via 24-7 PressRelease, July 29, 2010, Retrieved 2010-07-31
- Scheckter Scores SH/KV Indy 500 Ride, Speed, March 29, 2011, Retrieved 2011-03-29