|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
(spinoff from NTT)
|Headquarters||Toyosu, Tokyo, Japan|
|Services||IT, business consulting and outsourcing services|
Number of employees
|Parent||Nippon Telegraph and Telephone|
NTT DATA Corporation (株式会社エヌ・ティ・ティ・データ, Kabushiki-kaisha Enu-tī-tī Dēta) is a Japanese multinational system integration company and a partially-owned subsidiary of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT).
Japan Telegraph and Telephone Public Corporation, a predecessor of NTT, started Data Communications business in 1967. NTT, following its privatization in 1985, spun off the Data Communications division as NTT DATA in 1988, which has now become the largest of the IT Services companies headquartered in Japan.
NTT DATA is a publicly traded company, but is about 54 percent owned by NTT. Its business areas are in national and local governments, financial, and telecommunication sectors. According to reports in 2012, Forbes Global 2000 recognizes NTT DATA as the 5th largest IT Services company.[Forbes Global 2000]
In 2002, it was the first Japanese company to obtain BS 7799 certification, an international information security standard. In 2007, the company had consolidated net sales of ¥1 trillion, and in 2008 the company acquired German-based Cirquent, Inc. A new organizational structure of the "Company System" was introduced in 2009. Also that year, the company acquired Extend Technologies Pty Ltd in Australia, as part of a strategy to expand the global footprint of specialised SAP consulting businesses
NTT DATA and US-based IT Service company Keane agreed to a merger on 29 October 2010. The acquisition is worth over US$1.23 billion. After the acquisition of Keane Inc., NTT DATA became the 8th largest software company in the world, with the annual revenue of $14 billion. Acquiring Keane Inc. in 2010 increased the Group's total work force to 50,000. That year the company also acquired FirstApex, increasing the business footprint in insurance domain. In 2010, NTT DATA acquired Intelligroup Inc., a US-based IT consulting and service providing company. After taking over Intelligroup, NTT DATA became the ninth largest software company in the world, worth over $11 billion. India-based Intelligroup, Inc is headquartered at iLabs, Madhapur, Hyderabad.
In 2011, the company acquired Italy-based Value Team S.p.A. and launched Global One Teams. In 2012 the company acquired London-based Design and Technology Consultancy, RMA Consulting, who specialize in software design and delivery across multiple channels.
In 2013, the company acquired Madrid-based Everis, a company that provided IT services including consulting, system integration and outsourcing. Also in 2013, NTT DATA, the IT services provider with its U.S. headquarters in Plano, acquired Optimal Solutions Integration, a provider of SAP services headquartered in Irving, Texas. In 2015, the company acquired Carlisle & Gallagher, Inc., a Charlotte-based consulting firm. Also that year, the company acquired iPay88 - Online Payment Gateway for Asia Countries, Malaysia which specialize in online payment services and payment solutions for merchants with multiple financial institutions as business partners in Malaysia. In 2016, the company acquired the Dell IT Services unit (mainly the former Perot Systems) of Dell Inc for $3 billion. Also in 2016, the company acquired Nefos, a Salesforce consulting partner in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Within the NTT group, while NTT Comware focuses on the IT services to the Group companies, NTT Data mainly services non-NTT Group companies. Within Japan, NTT DATA has established many joint ventures, such as NTT Data-Sanyo Electric to take care of the IT services of Sanyo electric group. Outside Japan, NTT DATA has its wholly owned subsidiaries or offices in the UK, China, Malaysia, Thailand, India, the US, Italy, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam and other countries or regions.
Yo Honma serves as President & CEO.
Products and services
- Melbourne Australia myki
NTT DATA was ranked #8 in Consulting Magazine's 2016 Best Firms to Work For.
- List of IT consulting firms
- Software industry in Telangana
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone (NTT)
- "NTT DATA 2020 ANNUAL REPORT". NTT Data. p. 19. Retrieved 12 February 2021.
- "News - Extend Technologies and NTT DATA Corporation Announce Acquisition - Australia SAP & Microsoft Gold Channel Partner, Enterprise Resource Planning ERP". Archived from the original on 2016-03-02. Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- "Bloomberg Article - Keane acquisition".
- "Keane Jan 3,2011 Press release". Archived from the original on 2012-08-07. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Keane Jan 31,2012 Press release". Archived from the original on 2012-05-05. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Intelligroup press release". Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "NTT Data's Big Year a Harbinger for Japan's Software Industry". Archived from the original on 2012-06-07. Retrieved 2012-10-22.
- "Home - RMA Consulting".
- "London Stock Exchange October 31, 2013 Press release" (PDF).
- "iPay88 of Malaysia joins NTT DATA GROUP - NTT DATA Global". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Japan's NTT Data agrees to buy Dell's IT services unit for $3 billion".
- "NTT DATA to Serve as Primary Partner on No. 9 Honda in Long Beach". Chip Ganassi Racing. April 4, 2017. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- "Ganassi signs Rosenqvist for 2019, extends deal with NTT DATA". IndyCar Series. September 28, 2018. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- Fryer, Jenna (January 15, 2019). "IndyCar lands communications company NTT as title sponsor". The Washington Post. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- "NTT DATA Board of directors". www.nttdata.com. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "Consulting Magazine - September 2016". Consultingmag-digital.com. 2016-09-07. Retrieved 2018-02-19.