List of proposed currencies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a list of proposed currencies. Currencies are listed by their latest significant proposal.
- Bancor, an international currency proposed by John Maynard Keynes in the negotiations that established the Bretton Woods system.
- Gaucho, between Argentina and Brazil.
- Perun, in Montenegro.
- Metica, in Mozambique.
- Amero, in an American currency union.
- CARICOM currency, for Caribbean states (except the Bahamas).
- Khaleeji, for the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates).
- SUCRE, as part of the Bolivarian Alternative for the Americas
- Asian Currency Unit, proposed for the ASEAN +3 or the East Asian Community.
- Caribbean guilder, to replace the Netherlands Antillean guilder in Curaçao and Sint Maarten.[needs update]
- East African shilling, for the East African Community (Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda).
- Eco, for the West African Monetary Zone (Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, possibly Liberia).
- Toman, a replacement for the Iranian rial proposed by the Central Bank of Iran.