List of tallest buildings in Billings
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|1||First Interstate Center||272 (83)||20||1985||Office||The First Interstate Center is the tallest building in Billings and Montana, and is the First Interstate Bank Corporate Headquarters. It is located in the Transwestern Plaza in downtown Billings. The Transwestern Plaza is a complex consisting of four office towers with a total of 35 floors, it is the largest commercial development in Montana.|
|2||Crowne Plaza Hotel Billings||256 (78)||22||1980||Hotel||It was the tallest building in Billings from 1980-1985. Upon completion, it was declared the tallest load-bearing brick building in the world by the Brick Institute of America, and the facade contains 2.3 million bricks. This building is a rarity for its time in that it is built using the facade system of applied masonry, which was usually used in the facade construction of buildings pre-World War II It is the tallest hotel in Montana.|
|3||Wells Fargo Plaza||176 (54)||14||1977||Office||It opened in 1977 as First Northwestern Bank, which became known as Norwest Bank in 1983, and then the name was changed to Wells Fargo Plaza in 2000 after Wells Fargo merged with Norwest Bank. It is now the third tallest building in Billings and Montana, and is used primarily for office space.|
|4||Cereal Food Processor Inc Building||141 (43)||12||1917||Office||It was the tallest building in Montana until 1977.|
|5||Granite Tower||130 (40)||11||1975||Office||It was the tallest office building in Billings from 1975 to 1977. It is primarily used for office space; including the offices of the designers, Harrison G. Fagg and Associates.|
|6=||Northern Hotel||129 (39)||10||1942||Hotel||The Northern Hotel, a Billings landmark, underwent a major 30 million dollar renovation and was re-opened in March 2013 as a four star hotel. In 1942 it replaced the original 1902 Hotel which burned down in 1940.The Northern Hotel has two mechanical floors above the main roof deck that are not parapet if included the floor count of this building is 12.|
|6=||Rocky Plaza||129 (39)||10||1982||Residential||Residential condominiums located in MidTown, it is the tallest building outside of downtown Billings. It is the tallest residential complex in the city.|
|6=||Sage Tower||129 (39)||10||1974||Residential||Sage Tower is an 88-unit retirement complex.|
|7||Liberal Arts Building||126 (38)||8||1972||Office||MSU-Billings education building. It is the tallest education building in the Montana University System.|
|8||Yellowstone County Courthouse||108 (33)||8||1957||Office|| The Yellowstone County Courthouse is the main administrative building for Yellowstone County. It currently houses the Yellowstone County Elections Office, County Attorney's Office, and the Yellowstone County Financial Department, among others. In addition, it is the location of the office of the Clerk of District Court, which provides administrative functions for the 13th Judicial District Court of Montana.|
|9||US Bank Tower||104 (32)||8||1956||Office||Bank and office building|
- "First Interstate Center". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "First Interstate Center". Skyscraper Source Media. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Crowne Plaza Billings". Skyscraper Source Media. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Crowne Plaza". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Wells Fargo Plaza". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Wells Fargo Plaza". Skyscraper Source Media. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Granite Tower". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- Falstad, Jan (10 March 2013). "The new Northern: 'It will be the finest hotel in Montana'". The Billings Gazette. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- Falstad, Jan (18 February 2012). "Northern Hotel financing comes through". Billings Gazette. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Northern Hotel". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Rocky Plaza". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Sage Tower". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Low Income Housing Tax Credit Properties in Montana". Yellowstone County Department of Commerce. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "Liberal Arts Building". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Yellowstone County Courthouse". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "County Departments". Yellowstone County. Retrieved 1 March 2013.
- "US Bank Tower". Emporis GmbH. Retrieved 25 February 2013.