|Luis C. Singson|
|Governor of Ilocos Sur|
June 30, 2010 – June 30, 2013
|Preceded by||Deogracias Victor B. Savellano|
|Succeeded by||Ryan Luis Singson|
June 30, 2004 – June 30, 2007
|Succeeded by||Deogracias Victor B. Savellano|
June 30, 1992 – June 30, 2001
January 1, 1972 – March 26, 1986
|Member of the Philippine House of Representatives from Ilocos Sur's First District|
June 30, 1987 – June 30, 1992
Post last held by Floro Crisologo
|Succeeded by||Mariano Tajon|
|Member of the Vigan City Council|
June 21, 1941 |
Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Commonwealth of the Philippines
|Political party||Nacionalista (2011–present)|
Lakas ng Bayan (1987–1992)
|Spouse(s)||Cheska Jim De Vera|
Luis Crisologo Singson (born June 21, 1941), better known as Chavit Singson, is a Filipino politician. He was the Governor of the province of Ilocos Sur, Philippines and the Deputy National Security Adviser for the Philippine government (2008). 
Biography and career
Chavit Singson was born on June 21, 1941 in Vigan, Ilocos Sur. He is second eldest among the seven children of José Singson and Caridad Crisólogo. He studied in Colegio de San Juan de Letran in Manila and finished his Commerce degree.
Both his paternal (Singson) and maternal (Crisologo) families have dominated the political environment of the Ilocos region for generations. Although many members of both families, such as Chavit are related to one another, the two families have shared a bitter feud which reached its apex in the 1960s and 1970s, when shootings and political intimidation were rampant in the Ilocos region. Chavit considered his uncle, Floro Crisologo as a mentor, but eventually had a severe falling out with his cousin and once-confidant Vincent "Bingbong" Crisologo (who was Floro's son) and there were many bloody encounters between the two. It is currently stated by both sides that tensions have eased. 
Singson started out as a businessman owning tobacco factories manufacturing and distributing Virginia tobacco, a bus transportation company named Partas,a construction company, a radio station, an ice plant, and a tomato paste plant. He then entered politics, becoming a political kingpin in his province for 28 years, and later playing a significant role in Philippine politics. He was the Governor of Ilocos Sur  for long stretches of time. He also owned a number of Jueteng (gambling) dens and was often called Luzon's reigning Jueteng Lord and The Ilocano Warlord by the press.
Singson lives in a mansion called Baluarte, near Vigan City. He was a close friend of the ex-President Estrada, with whom he would gamble and drink. Singson was married to Evelyn Verzosa on May 3, 1962, but later separated. 
Singson had secured a spot as a candidate for the 2007 Philippine senatorial elections. He has sided with the government party, despite being former friends with the former president Joseph Estrada. After losing the elections, Singson had been appointed Deputy National Security Adviser, on September 5, 2008 by Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.
Investment to GMA Network
After failed attempts by PLDT-MediaQuest Holdings and Ramon S. Ang, sources circulate about the planned takeover of GMA Network by a group of investors led by Chavit Singson and "relative" Manny Pacquiao (Pacquiao is a talent of the network). There is also a planned public affairs show that will air if the transaction will be successful.  
On December 10, 2015, the network rejected the acquisition offer of Pacquiao and Singson.
Role in EDSA II
Singson is said to have started EDSA II, when in October 2000 he alleged he gave President Joseph Estrada Php 400 million as payoff from illegal gambling profits. Estrada was put under investigation, but on 16 January 2001, a key piece of evidence was blocked in court, leading to protests in Manila and other major cities backing to vice president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, and Estrada's government quickly fell. Estrada was put to jail pending the investigation, leading the then Vice-President Gloria Arroyo to resume the presidency on January 20, 2001.
Role in the Hello Garci scandal
In 2005, during the nation's Presidential Hello Garci scandal, Singson claimed he had a tape of a conversation where the jailed president Joseph Estrada stated he was planning to return to power by disposing whoever would lead the transitional government after current president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo resigns.
Mauling of son
On July 24, 2007, 2 men mauled Singson’s son, Randolf “Randy” Singson, 43, inside an Internet gaming shop. The suspects were identified only as a certain Mr. Chen and his still unidentified male companion. Randolf suffered multiple injuries in the head and body, and was taken to the Rizal Medical Center for treatment. On July 11, 2010, Ronald Singson was caught in Hong Kong by authorities for smuggling 6.67 grams of cocaine. Singson was on his way to Macau to watch an Usher concert.
- Ubac, Michael (6 September 2008). "Chavit Singson named deputy national security adviser". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Salterio, Leah C. (22 December 2003). "After the movie, comes the Chavit book". Philippine Daily Enquirer. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- Singson, Luis Personal Information www.isite.ph Retrieved 4 December 2006.
- Aquino, Belinda (10 February 2001). "Don't mess with Ilocano warlords". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- McCoy, Alfred. Policing America’s Empire The United States, the Philippines, and the Rise of the Surveillance State. Wisconsin: The University of Wisconsin press. p. 481. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Coladilla, Azrael. "Inside gov. Chavit Singson's home - a photo blog". Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "My son's missing since friday or Saturday". Manila Standard. 5 October 2000. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- gmanews.tv, Arroyo names Chavit Singson deputy nat'l security adviser. Gmanews.tv (2008-09-06). Retrieved on 2012-07-12.
- abs-cbnnews.com, Singson confirms appointment as deputy NSA
- GMA 7 malapit nang maging pag-aari ni Chavit Singson?!
- Is Chavit Singson buying GMA Network
- "GMA Network rejects acquisition offer from Manny Pacquiao, Chavit Singson". Pep.ph. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- Chavits Congressman Son Ronald Singson Jailed in Hong Kong on Drug Charges. gmanews.tv video.
- Two men maul Chavit Singson’s son inside Internet gaming shop The Daily Tribune. Retrieved 26 July 2007.[dead link]
- Limpe, Linda C.The 9 Lives of Luis "Chavit" Singson, Foresight Books, 2003.
- The Story of EDSA 2
- The Gangster and the President
- Chavit Singson tagged brains of Ilocos Sur killing
- Jueteng Republic
- 'CHAVIT' SINGSON BARES GMA SLAY PLOT
- Chavit has ‘Erap’ tapes
- Showdown in the Philippines
- Impeachment proceedings
- The Impeachment Trial Witnesses
- Chavit bares audio CD linking Erap to oust Arroyo plot
- After the movie, comes the Chavit book
- Luis "Chavit" Singson Official Baluarte free zoo website[dead link]
- Luis "Chavit" Singson Official Website[dead link]