From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From today's featured article
Did you know...
Big Chief Restaurant
In the news
Mary Keitany and Daniel Wanjiru
On this day...
From today's featured list
participated in the Kansas City Cowboys' players American Association (AA) for two seasons from 1888 to 1889. A professional baseball team based in Kansas City, Missouri, the franchise initially used Association Park as their home field in 1888, then moved to Exposition Park for the 1889 season. Although the Cowboys completed their initial season in last place out of the league's eight teams, there were notable player achievements; on June 6, Henry Porter threw a no-hitter, and on June 13, Barkley hit for the cycle. The franchise's only future Hall of Fame player, "Slidin' Billy" Hamilton (pictured), began his career as a part-time outfielder in 1888, and was their starting right fielder in 1889. He is the franchise's all-time leader in runs scored, bases on balls, and stolen bases. With Bill Watkins as the team's manager in 1889, the team improved to seventh in the league. On November 15, 1889, the Cowboys submitted their resignation from the AA. ( ) Full list...
Other areas of Wikipedia
– Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas. Community portal
– Ask questions about using Wikipedia. Help desk
– For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English. Local embassy
– Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects. Reference desk
– Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation. Site news
– For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies. Village pump
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the
Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in
English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 5,392,499 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
More than 1,000,000 articles:
More than 250,000 articles:
More than 50,000 articles: