|Born||13 July 1991|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Ski club||Altius Nordic Ski Club|
|Personal best||224 m (735 ft) |
Planica, 17 March 2016
|World Cup career|
|Updated on 2 December 2018.|
Mackenzie Boyd-Clowes (born 13 July 1991) is a Canadian ski jumper.
- 1 Career
- 2 Olympic Games
- 3 World Championships
- 4 Ski Flying World Championships
- 5 World Cup
- 6 References
- 7 External links
2009: World Cup debut
Mackenzie was raised in Calgary, Alberta where he trained on the ski jumps at Canada Olympic Park. He made his world cup debut in 2009 in Vancouver where he took 42nd place. He performed at FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2009 in Liberec, Czech Republic where he finished 46th at individual large hill event.
2010: First Olympics
At his first and home 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver he finished 44th in the individual normal hill, 36th in the individual large hill and 12th place at the large hill team event. He performed at FIS Nordic World Ski Championships 2011 in Oslo, Norway where he finished 39th at individual large hill event.
2012: Ski flying world championships
He performed at FIS Ski Flying World Championships 2012 in Vikersund, Norway where he finished 36th at individual flying hill event. He set the Canadian ski flying national record at 205 metres (673 ft) which he jumped in Harrachov, Czech Republic in 2013 and improved in three years later.
2014: Second Olympics
His best World Cup result is 9th place at ski flying individual event in Bad Mitterndorf in January 2014, in a discipline which he likes the most. At the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia he finished 37th in the individual normal hill, 25th in the individual large hill and 12th place at the large hill team event.
2016: Return after break
After one season break he returned to the world cup in 2015/16 season. He improved his own Canadian ski flying national record two times at 216.5 metres (710 ft) which he jumped in Kulm, Austria at the training round of FIS Ski Flying World Championships 2016 where he finished 27th place individual. He lives in Calgary, Alberta Canada.
2018 Winter Olympics
|Event||Normal Hill||Large Hill||Team|
|Event||Normal Hill||Large Hill||Normal Hill Team||Large Hill Team|
Ski Flying World Championships
Individual starts (95)
- Barnes, Dan (24 January 2018). "Ski Jumping Canada deems two athletes 'ready for prime time' at Pyeongchang Olympics". National Post. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Henrich, Boyd-Clowes named to Canada's Olympic ski jumping team". Canadian Press. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 24 January 2018. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "Canadian ski jumping team sending pair to Olympics". www.cbc.ca/sports/. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC). 24 January 2018. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- Da Silveira, Brittany (24 January 2018). "Team Canada ski jumpers nominated for PyeongChang 2018". www.olympic.ca/. Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved 27 January 2018.