Management Development Institute
|Motto||Yogāh Kārmāsu Kaushālām|
Motto in English
|Perfection in action is Yoga|
|Type||Private business school|
|Chairman||Emandi Sankara Rao|
Management Development Institute (MDI) is private business School in India. It was established in 1973 by Industrial Finance Corporation of India and is located in Gurgaon, a commercial hub near the Indian capital of New Delhi.
|Business/Management – India|
|Outlook India (2020)||3|
MDI was ranked 10th among management schools in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020, 3rd in India by Outlook India's Top 150 Private MBA Institutions" of 2020.
MDI has its own campus spread over 37 acres (150,000 m2) in Gurgaon. The campus is about 12 km. from Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi. MDI has a campus with red brick buildings and trees. The buildings have been given names such as Gurukul, Lakshaya, Scholars, Renaissance, Parthenon etc.
The MDI library has a collection of over 60,000 books, in addition to electronic resources which include e-books, journals, databases, audio-visual materials, CDs/DVDs, e-journals, reports, case studies, conference proceedings, training manuals etc.
The institute offers various post graduate diploma programmes. These include full-time post graduate programmes in management and part-time programmes such as executive programmes.. It also offers fellowship research programmes.
MDI Gurgaon has one of the largest exchange programmes in the country where one out of every 5 students enrolled in the post graduate programmes get an opportunity to study abroad for one or two terms. It has partner institutes in more than 34 countries  with institutes such as EDHEC Business School, Copenhagen Business School, HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management, Bocconi University, RSM Erasmus University, ESCP Europe.
- ^ "Rajesh Chakrabarti is new Director of MDI Gurgaon". Business Line 01 Jun 2021 17:48 IST. Retrieved 18 June 2021.
- ^ "MDI Murshidabad".
- ^ a b "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- ^ a b "Outlook-ICARE MBA Rankings: Top 150 Private MBA Institutions Outlook India Magazine". Retrieved 22 January 2020.
- ^ Behl, Vinod (25 June 2003). "Serious business". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- ^ "The Telegraph: MDI, Gurgaon". The Telegraph. Archived from the original on 11 September 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- ^ "Post Graduate Programmes". www.mdi.ac.in. Retrieved 15 March 2018. Click on "Programmes".
- ^ "International Relations Collaborations". Retrieved 21 July 2020.
- ^ "International Academic Partners". Retrieved 21 July 2020.
- ^ "Partner Universities". Retrieved 21 July 2020.
- ^ "International Partners". Retrieved 21 July 2020.
- ^ "ESCP students in the Master in Management Programme have the opportunity to take part in an exchange programmes with one of our over 130 partner universities in Europe and the World". Retrieved 21 July 2020.