Manchester United Football Ground railway station
|Manchester United Football Ground|
The station, next to Old Trafford football stadium
|Place||Old Trafford, Manchester|
|Number of platforms||1|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections|
from National Rail Enquiries
|Post-grouping||Cheshire Lines Committee|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
Manchester United Football Ground railway station, often known as the Old Trafford Halt or Manchester United FC Halt, is on the southern Liverpool Lime Street-Manchester Piccadilly railway line, between Deansgate and Trafford Park.
The station was constructed by the Cheshire Lines Committee and opened on 21 August 1935. It was provided with one timber-built platform and was served, on match days only, by a shuttle service of steam-hauled trains from Manchester Central railway station. It was initially named United Football Ground, but was renamed Old Trafford Football Ground in early 1936. The date of change to the current name is not known.
The station has a direct connection to the Old Trafford football stadium and the platform is adjacent to the south stand of the stadium. The station is not a regularly served stop on the line and is only open on match days – when Northern run services to the halt; Northern also manage and operate the single platform.
- "HOW TO GET TO OLD TRAFFORD". Manchester United. Manchester United Ltd. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- Manchester Utd Football Gd (MUF) Station Plan
- Butt 1995, pp. 237, 178, 154
- "Estimates of Station Usage 2017-18 Frequently Asked Questions" (PDF). Office of Rail and Road. ORR. Retrieved 4 June 2019.
- Northern [@northernassist] (10 April 2019). "It was seen as a health and safety risk to the club. ^VR" (Tweet). Retrieved 17 June 2019 – via Twitter.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Manchester United Football Ground railway station.|
- Train times and station information for Manchester United Football Ground railway station from National Rail
- Northern Rail Network Map (with MUF on)
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Manchester U. F. G. - Piccadilly
(Match days only)
|This article on a railway station in Greater Manchester is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|