The beach in Marineland
Location in Flagler County and the state of Florida
|Counties||Flagler, St. Johns|
|• Total||0.27 sq mi (0.69 km2)|
|• Land||0.27 sq mi (0.69 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|• Density||60/sq mi (23.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||0286429|
Marineland is a town in Flagler and St. Johns counties, Florida, United States. The population was 16 at the 2010 census. Marineland is located 18 miles (29 km) south of St. Augustine along Route A1A and consists almost exclusively of Marineland of Florida, one of the state's first theme parks.
The Flagler County portion of Marineland is part of the Deltona–Daytona Beach–Ormond Beach, FL metropolitan statistical area, while the St. Johns County portion is part of the Jacksonville Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Marineland is located at .
As of the census of 2000, there were 6 people, 3 households, and 0 families residing in the town. The population density was 17.7 people per square mile (6.8/km²). There were 8 housing units at an average density of 23.5 per square mile (9.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 100.00% White.
There were 3 households out of which 33.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 33.3% were married couples living together, and 66.7% were non-families. 66.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 33.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.00 and the average family size was 4.00.
In the town the population was spread out with 33.3% under the age of 18, 33.3% from 25 to 44, 16.7% from 45 to 64, and 16.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26 years. For every 100 females there were 500.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 300.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $30,625, and the median income for a family was $21,250. Males had a median income of $31,250 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,000. None of the population and none of the families were below the poverty line.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Census Summary File 1 (G001), Marineland town, Florida". American FactFinder. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.