Nocatee, St. Johns County, Florida
|Town of Nocatee, Florida|
|• City||23.48 sq mi (60.8 km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Nocatee // is located in Ponte Vedra, Florida. It is the third best-selling master-planned community in the United States. Nocatee is home to over 26 neighborhoods. The variety of neighborhoods range from gated, within the Nocatee Town Center, for those 55 years and older, in the historic Twenty Mile area, or include their own amenities. The Nocatee Lifestyle encompasses both world-class amenities and major monthly events, Education is another important cornerstone of the Nocatee lifestyle. St. Johns County is the number one school district in Florida and the community currently includes a K-8 school, Valley Ridge Academy, and plans for a new K-8 school opening in fall of 2018.
Nocatee is an unincorporated planned community on 13,323 acres (5,392 ha), primarily in northern St. Johns County in the First Coast section of Florida. The area is located near Ponte Vedra Beach. It was approved in 2001 as a Development of Regional Impact (DRI) under Section 380.06 of the Florida Statutes.
|This section does not cite any sources. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Nocatee spans the northeastern corner of St. Johns County and southeastern portion of Duval County in Northeast Florida. Nocatee has been designed as a complete, sustainable new town to balance work and recreation, in a walkable livable community. The master developer is The PARC Group, Inc., a developer of residential communities in Northeast Florida. The PARC Group has been named Developer of the Year for the past ten years by the Sales and Marketing Council of the Northeast Florida Builders Association.
Nocatee is located in Ponte Vedra, Florida, just west of Ponte Vedra Beach and between the cities of Jacksonville and St. Augustine. At full build-out, Nocatee is expected to have 12,000 homes; and up to 1,000,000 square feet (93,000 m2) of retail, 4,000,000 square feet (370,000 m2) of office and nine public schools. Almost two-thirds of the land will be placed in preservation and protected.
Nocatee consists of many individual "neighborhoods", including:
- Austin Park, a single-family community developed by The PARC Group with 189 homes built by four builders, Cornerstone Homes, Taylor Morrison Homes, Providence Homes and Mattamy.
- Brookwood, Nocatee's first Duval county community, developed by The PARC Group, with single-family homes by D.R. Horton homes & Lennar Homes.
- Tidewater, a condominium home community built by Pulte Homes.
- The Enclave, a Town Center community of 141 cottage-style homes developed by The PARC Group by David Weekley Homes.
- Kelly Pointe, a community of 172 single-family homes developed by The PARC Group with homes built by Mattamy Homes.
- Greenleaf Preserve, a neighborhood of 40 single-family homes developed by The PARC Group with homes by ICI Homes.
- Willowcove, a neighborhood of single-family homes offering homes built by David Weekley Homes and Lennar and town homes built by Dream Finders Homes.
- Addison Park at Town Center, a Town Center community, homes by David Weekley Homes and Providence Homes.
- Coastal Oaks, developed by Toll Brothers, a gated community offering single-family homes.
- Del Webb Ponte Vedra, described as an active-adult community developed and built by Del Webb offering single-family homes.
- Greenleaf Village, a community of 575 single family homesites developed by The PARC Group with homes by David Weekley Homes, CalAtlantic Homes, and Providence Homes.
- Greenleaf Lakes, a neighborhood of single-family homes, which will join the Preserve and the Village with homes built by David Weekley, Providence Homes and CalAtlantic Homes.
- Lakeside at Town Center, a Town Center coastal-style community developed by The PARC Group with homes by Lennar Homes, David Weekley Homes, and Mattamy Homes.
- Siena at Town Center, a Town Center Mediterranean living community of single-family homes built by ICI Homes.
- The Villas, a gated community with villa styled homes built by CalAtlantic Homes.
- Cypress Trails,a community featuring Cypress Park with homes built by AV Homes, Lennar, and Mattamy Homes.
- The Palms, single-family homes in Duval county and town homes in St. Johns County, homes by Dream Finders Homes.
- The Pointe at Twenty Mile, located in St John's County, developed by The PARC Group, with homes by David Weekley Homes, ICI Homes, and CalAtlantic Homes.
- The Island at Twenty Mile,a gated community located in St. Johns County and the historic Twenty Mile area, homes by David Weekley Homes, ICI Homes, and CalAtlantic Homes.
- Twenty Mile Village, located in St. Johns County and the historic Twenty Mile Area, features Twenty Mile Park, homes by David Weekley Homes, Mattamy Homes, CalAtlantic Homes, and Providence Homes.
- The Crossing at Twenty Mile, located in St. Johns County and the historic Twenty Mile Area, within walking distance to Twenty Mile Post park. Homes by David Weekley Homes, Dostie Homes, Providence Homes, and CalAtlantic Homes.
- Artisan Lakes, located in Duval County, is a gated age exclusive neighborhood with homes built by CalAtlantic Homes.
- The Hammock at Twenty Mile, located in St. Johns County, in Nocatee's historic Twenty Mile area. Featuring estate sized lots with custom homes by Glenn Layton Homes.
- The Ranch at Twenty Mile, located in St. Johns County, in Nocatee's historic Twenty Mile area. Homes by David Weekley and Dostie Homes.
- The Vista at Twenty Mile, exclusive gated neighborhood, located in St. Johns County, in Nocatee's historic Twenty Mile area. Luxury homes by The Pineapple Corporation.
- The Outlook at Twenty Mile, located in St. Johns County, in Nocatee's historic Twenty Mile area, within walking distance to Twenty Mile Post park. Homes by CalAtlantic Homes, David Weekley, ICI Homes, and Providence Homes .
- The Junction at Twenty Mile, located in St. Johns County, in Nocatee's historic Twenty Mile area. Homes by David Weekley and Dostie Homes.
Lifestyle and amenities
- The Nocatee Town Center is the central shopping and entertainment hub for the community. Regency Centers developed and constructed the first phase, which opened in February 2010 and is anchored by a 54,000 sq ft (5,000 m2) Publix supermarket, the largest in Northeast Florida. Skinner Brothers Realty developed the second phase of Town Center, which opened in Spring 2016. The Nocatee Town Center has restaurants, retail stores, healthcare, and neighborhood shops and services featuring national brands as well as local favorites.
- The signature interactive amenity is the Nocatee Splash Water park which opened in April 2010. The 8-acre (32,000 m2) park features 53-foot (16 m) tall water slides, a lazy river, family lagoon pool, interactive sprayground and zip line. The facility also includes a 2-story clubhouse with banquet facilities and conference room, and a state of the art fitness center.
- The 75-acre (300,000 m2) Nocatee Community Park contains grass fields, tennis courts, a fenced dog park & walk, and concession stand. As of January 2011, 3 miles (4.8 km) of greenway trails have been completed that wind through five neighborhoods, the Community Park and Nocatee Town Center. The park was donated by the developers to the St. Johns County Parks and Recreation department.
- Nocatee Spray Park will open in Summer 2018 and will feature a four-story above ground interactive spray playground, a large deck, food court, and bar. Starting in Summer 2017, the new amenity area will also be the new home for Nocatee events such as the monthly farmers market and events like the Roscolusa songwriters festival.
- As of 2016, Nocatee's resort-style amenities also include: a Kayak Launch, Nocatee Swim Club Green (with a junior Olympic swimming pool), Twenty Mile Park, Cypress Park, Twenty Mile Post, several dog parks, and expanded EV trails.
-  Florida's Statutes Official website
- Andres, Shakaya: "Nocatee roadways near completion, about a decade early" Florida Times-Union, May 20, 2010
- Gaylord, Debbie (2013). "St. Augustine Record". Nocatee A Smart Growth Community of the Future. St. Johns Magazine.
- Bull, Roger (2013). "St. Augustine Record". Nocatee development on national best-selling list. St. Augustine Record.
- Gilliam, Derek (13 January 2016). "Nocatee community achieves another milestone in 2015 topping 1,000 homes sold". Jacksonville Business Journal.
- "The PARC Group Announces Three New Neighborhoods in Twenty Mile at Nocatee".
- Andres, Shakaya: “Nocatee residents plunge into new waterpark, growth” Florida Times-Union, February 13, 2010
- Walsh, Jimmel: "Nocatee Water Park impresses residents" St. Augustine Record, April 11, 2010
- "Nocatee Spray Park". Nocatee.