As an NRA lobbyist in the state of Florida from the late 1970s through 2016, Hammer was credited with pushing through the 1987 Florida law standardizing the issue of concealed-carry permits and Florida's 2005 "Stand your ground" legislation. According to Bloomberg News, these laws became the model for similar laws passed in a majority of US states.
In 2005, Hammer was inducted into the Florida Women's Hall of Fame.
- Spies, Mike (April 22, 2016). "How a Powerful NRA Lobbyist Torpedoed an Environmental Lawsuit in Florida". Newsweek.
- Spies, Mike (March 5, 2018). "The N.R.A. Lobbyist Behind Florida's Pro-Gun Policies". The New Yorker.
- Price, Greg (February 23, 2018). "NRA LOBBYIST WRITES FLORIDA'S GUN LAWS, CAN RUIN CAREERS OF THOSE WHO DISSENT: REPORT". Newsweek.
- Grimm, Fredd (January 19, 2017). "NRA wants more gunslingers in the nation's bloodiest mass-shooting state". Miami Herald.
- Kraus, Mary Ellen (February 23, 2018). "NRA's Marion Hammer: Governor and legislative plans to limit gun access are "political eyewash."". Tampa Bay Times.
- O'Neill, Ann (15 April 2012). "NRA's Marion Hammer stands her ground". CNN.
- Menzel, Margie (2013-10-09). "Q&A: An Interview With Florida Gun Lobbyist Marion Hammer". WLRN Public Radio and Television. News Service of Florida. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Nielsen, Allison. "Marion Hammer Talks Florida's Biggest Gun Fights". Sunshine State News. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Bragg, Rick (1996-04-14). "Leader as Hard as Nails Is Taking Reins at N.R.A." The New York Times. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Brown, Chris (2012-03-22). "Marion Hammer: The NRA Lobbyist Behind Florida's Stand Your Ground Legislation". Media Matters for America. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Bender, Michael (2012-05-10). "Pistol-Packing Grandma Helps NRA Push State Pro-Gun Laws". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 27 July 2016.
- Bendavid, Naftali (November 20, 1997). "NRA Safety Cartoon Attacked: Gun-control Report Calls Eddie Eagle A Bird Of Prey". Chicago Tribune.
|This biographical article about a United States activist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This firearms-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|