Market Center (Baltimore, Maryland)
Mayfair Theater on Howard Street, August 2011
|Location||24 blocks surrounding the jct. of Howard and Lexington Sts., Baltimore, Maryland|
|Area||114 acres (46 ha)|
|Architectural style||Early Republic, Mid 19th Century Revival|
|NRHP reference #||00000040|
|Added to NRHP||February 4, 2000|
Market Center is a national historic district in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. It is an approximately 24-block area in downtown Baltimore that includes buildings associated with the development of the area as Baltimore's historic retail district. The area evolved from an early 19th-century neighborhood of urban rowhouses to a premiere shopping district featuring large department stores, grand theaters, and major chain stores. The diverse size, style, scale, and types of structures within the district reflect its residential origins and evolution as a downtown retail center.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Fred B. Shoken; Betty Bird & Heather Ewing (June 1999). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Market Center Historic District" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- Market Center Historic District, Baltimore City, including photo from 1999, at Maryland Historical Trust
- Boundary Map of the Market Center Historic District, Baltimore City, at Maryland Historical Trust
- The Market Center Merchants Association
|This article about a structure on the National Register of Historic Places in Baltimore is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|