Martinak State Park
|Martinak State Park|
|Location||Caroline, Maryland, United States|
|Area||105 acres (42 ha)|
|Elevation||20 ft (6.1 m)|
|Named for||Land donor George Martinak|
|Operator||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Website||Martinak State Park|
Martinak State Park is a public recreation area located on the Choptank River and Watts Creek, immediately south of Denton in Caroline County, Maryland. The park bears the name of George Martinak, who deeded his land to the state in 1961. The park opened in 1964. Site improvements including the addition of campsites, roads, and park office took place from 1964 to 1974. The park features boating access, fishing, campsites and cabins, hiking trails, and nature center.
- "Martinak State Park". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Fiscal Year 2016 DNR Owned Lands Acreage" (PDF). Maryland Department of Natural Resources. July 29, 2016. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Martinak State Park". Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- "Maryland State Park History". Maryland Department of Natural Resources. Retrieved November 5, 2017.
- Martinak State Park Maryland Department of Natural Resources