Mattar MRT station
|Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station|
|Location||60 Merpati Road|
|Operated by||SBS Transit DTL (ComfortDelGro Corporation)|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Tracks||4 (including a track siding for each platform)|
|Opened||21 October 2017|
Mattar MRT station is an underground Mass Rapid Transit station on the Downtown line in Geylang planning area, Singapore. As its name suggests, it is located underneath Mattar Road, at the junction of Merpati Road.
The station serves places such as Canossa Convent School, Masjid Sallim Mattar and The Church of St Stephen(Roman Catholic). One of the entrances is adjacent to the Circuit Road hawker centre.
The station was first announced on 20 August 2010 when the 16 stations of the 21-kilometre (13 mi) Downtown Line Stage 3 (DTL3) from the River Valley (now Fort Canning) to Expo stations were unveiled. The line was expected to be completed in 2017. Contract 932 for the construction of Mattar station and associated tunnels was awarded to Sato Kogyo (S) Pte Ltd at a sum of S$199.85 million (US$158.89 million) in April 2011. Construction of the station and the tunnels was scheduled to commence in the second quarter of this year and was targeted to be completed in 2017.
- "Downtown Line 3 Station Names Shortlisted for Public Polling". www.lta.gov.sg. 1 June 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016.
- "Downtown Line 3 Station Names Finalised". www.lta.gov.sg. 19 August 2011. Archived from the original on 31 December 2013.
- "Downtown Line 3 Station Locations Unveiled Faster Access for Residents in the East to the City and Marina Bay Area". www.lta.gov.sg. 20 August 2010. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016.
- "Alignment of DTL3" (PDF). www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 April 2016. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "DTL Station Locations" (PDF). www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original (PDF) on 31 December 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "LTA Awards Contracts for Ubi and Mattar Stations | Press Room | Land Transport Authority". www.lta.gov.sg. 22 June 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016.
- "Speech by Mrs Josephine Teo, Minister of State, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Transport, at DTL3 Tunnelling Works Ceremony". Ministry of Transport. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2020.
- "Factsheet: Downtown Line 3 to Open on 21 October 2017 | Press Room | Land Transport Authority". www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original on 3 July 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- Media related to Mattar MRT Station at Wikimedia Commons