|Elevation||411 m (1,348 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Meena Estate is a residential area which was promoted by the Coimbatore Corporation in the State of Tamil Nadu, India. Meena Estate has become a costlier area that came into a position of 8th in the city. Since the only Kendriya Vidyalaya of the city is located at Meena Estate, the majority of the residents are government employees.
Meena Estate has an approximate population of 50,000. Majority of the population is Central and State Govt employees, who preferred to send their wards to the Central School (KV) located here. Floating population includes Defence Service Personnel, Paramilitary Personnel and other Central Govt employees who have to move frequently on transfers.
Meena Estate is a well planned neighbour hood. It has three main roads and 7 cross roads. First main road begins from Puliakulam and ends at Hindustan College rear gate. Second Main road begins from Kendriya Vidyalaya. Third Main Road from Udayampalayam on Nava India Road and ends behind Kendriya Vidyalaya.
Localities of Meena Estate include:
- Elgi Nagar
- Navy Nagar
- Karthic Nagar
- KV Nagar
- "Google Map : Google Map showing Meena Estate area of Coimbatore".
- "Gandhipuram Borders : Map showing surrounding areas of Meena Estate".
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Temperature and Rainfall chart" (PDF). Coimbatore district collectorate. Retrieved 17 January 2009.
- "Coimbatore Corporation - SHB002" (PDF). Coimbatore Corporation. Retrieved 23 September 2009.
- "Historical Weather for Coimbatore, India". Weatherbase. Retrieved 23 September 2009.