|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Elevation||785 m (2,575 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Ho, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Meghahatuburu (mentioned in census records as Meghahatuburu Forest village) is a census town in West Singhbhum district of the Indian state of Jharkhand. The town was largely built by the Steel Authority of India Limited as it is the Raw Material Division of SAIL.
The towns of Meghahatuburu and Kiriburu are contiguous, sharing many local facilities, although Meghahatuburu is in West Singhbhum district of the state of Jharkhand, whilst Kiriburu is in Kendujhar district of the state of Odisha.
They are differentiated by MIOM and KIOM, the two iron ore mines. Meghahatuburu is a major tourist centre of Jharkhand. It is adjacent to a very dense forest (Saranda) and has streams and mountain ranges. Megahatuburu is very rich in iron ore and many companies are excavating the ore. This place had an annual rain fall of 128 cc which has decreased because of cutting of trees.
As of 2001[update] India census, Meghahatuburu Forest village had a population of 6,879. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Meghahatuburu Forest village has an average literacy rate of 74%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 82%, and female literacy is 66%. In Meghahatuburu Forest village, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Meghahatuburu,
- Jharkhand (English-medium) School,
- Project Central School (Kiriburu), and
- Oriya Medium school(Hilltop, Orissa)
- "Jharkhand Tourism | Major Destinations and Attraction | How to Reach". Travel News India. 2016-08-07. Retrieved 2017-02-24.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|