Metro Pacific Investments Corporation
|Public Investment company|
|Traded as||PSE: MPI|
|Founded||March 20, 2006|
|Headquarters||Makati City, Philippines|
Jose K. Ma. Lim
Chief executive officer
Jose K. Ma. Lim
Manuel V. Pangilinan
|PHP593 Million (2008)|
|Owner||First Pacific Company
Metro Pacific Holdings Inc. (55.9%)
|Parent||First Pacific Company|
|Subsidiaries||DMCI – MPIC Water Company
Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation
Metro Pacific Corporation
Beacon Electric Asset Holdings Inc.
Metro Pacific Investments Corporation is a Philippine-based unit investment holding corporation of the First Pacific Company Limited through Metro Pacific Holdings, Inc. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides water, sanitation, and sewerage services and also operates in real estate, and infrastructure projects. It also invests in some hospitals in the Philippines.
- Beacon Electric Asset Holdings Inc.- a consortium with PLDT which is also owned by First Pacific, holds 42.6% controlling stake in the Manila Electric Company (MERALCO).
- DMCI – MPIC Water Company - a consortium with DMCI Holdings, Inc. owns 83.96% controlling stake of Maynilad Water Services
- Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation - owns Manila North Tollways Corporation, First Philippine Infrastructure Development Corporation and Tollways Management Corporation, which in turn build, operate, and maintain the Subic–Clark–Tarlac Expressway, North Luzon Expressway, NLEX-SLEX Connector Road, and Cavite–Laguna Expressway
- Cavitex Infrastructure Corporation (CIC), which holds the concession rights for the operation and maintenance of the Manila–Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX).
- East Manila Hospital Managers Corporation (EMHMC) operates Our Lady Of Lourdes Hospital
- Colinas Verdes Hospital Managers Corporation (CVHMC) operates Cardinal Santos Medical Center
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Manila (20-year lease through EMHMC)
- Davao Doctors Hospital (34% stake)
- Riverside Medical Center, Bacolod
- Asian Hospital and Medical Center, Muntinlupa
- Cardinal Santos Medical Center, San Juan (through CVHMC)
- Makati Medical Center, Makati
- Sacred Heart Hospital of Malolos, Malolos City, Bulacan
- Marikina Valley Medical Center (93% stake)
- De Los Santos Medical Center, Quezon City
In May 2016, GT Capital Holdings Inc. acquired 15.6 percent of MPIC, which will, in turn, buy control over GT Capital’s Global Business Power Corporation in a deal worth P29.89 billion. GT Capital acquired 3.6 billion new common shares in MPIC at P6.10 per share amounting to a stake of 11.4 percent on an expanded capital base for a total cash consideration of P21.96 billion. It also acquired a further 1.3 billion common shares in MPIC from Metro Pacific Holdings, Inc. (MPHI), a Philippine affiliate of First Pacific Company, at the same price, for a total of P7.93 billion in cash. These transactions result in GT Capital holding an overall stake of 15.6 percent of the common share capital of MPIC in a new business alliance between the two business groups.
- "Metro Pacific expects net income to rise 30%". Manila, Philippines: The Philippine Star. Retrieved 2010-05-23.
- Metro Pacific Investments Corporation retrieved May 2, 2013
- Metro Pacific Inverstments Corporation - Official website