||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Eklund at the Calgary International Film Festival, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Michael Eklund is a Canadian actor, who has made numerous appearances in both television and film roles.
Eklund appeared in two episodes of Blood Ties playing the character of Norman Bridwel, who becomes a demon. In 2006 and 2007, Eklund appeared as Vancouver narcotics detective, Rene Dejardins, in CBC's drama, Intelligence.
In 2007, Eklund starred alongside Leelee Sobieski in the 2007 Robert Cuffley film Walk All over Me. That same year, he appeared as a creepy doorman in a scene with Al Pacino in the thriller film 88 Minutes.
In 2010, he made a guest appearance on J.J. Abrams's Fringe in the third season episode "The Plateau" playing Milo, a savant capable of calculating all future possibilities based on patterns. He also played Larry in the comedy-western film Gunless with Paul Gross and appeared in the action movie Hunt to Kill, with Steve Austin in 2010. He also had a small role as Navy Dude in Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball. In 2011, he starred in Canadian movie Pressed as Jimmy. He starred alongside Michael Biehn in the Xavier Gens thriller The Divide, which screened at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival in 2011.
In 2012, Eklund appeared as the title escapee in the Alcatraz episode "Kit Nelson." He also played the character of Father in the apocalyptic siege warfare film The Day with Dominic Monaghan and Shawn Ashmore. That same year he starred in the film Errors of the Human Body for which he was awarded best actor for the AMD 'Next Wave' Spotlight Competition at Fantastic Fest.[unreliable source?]
Eklund appeared in the 2013 Brad Anderson film The Call, alongside Halle Berry, Abigail Breslin, Morris Chestnut, and Michael Imperioli. He also appeared in WWE Studios' The Marine 3: Homefront (2013).
Eklund also starred in an episode of the hit CW TV series Arrow in the second season. He also appeared in See No Evil 2 in 2014, sequel to the WWE Studios produced 2006 film See No Evil. In the same year he co-starred Tony Todd in the Horror western film The Cold Descent.
- Blackwoods (2001)
- Killer Bees! (2002)
- House of the Dead (2003)
- Painkiller Jane (2005)
- Alice, I Think (2006)
- Walk All over Me (2007)
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (2009)
- The Divide (2011)
- Tactical Force (2011)
- Kits (2011)
- Pressed (2011)
- The Day (2011)
- Errors of the Human Body (2012)
- The Call (2013)
- The Marine 3: Homefront (2013)
- Nurse 3D (2013)
- Three Days in Havana (2013)
- Assault on Wall Street (2013)
- Tom Dick and Harriett (2013)
- Ferocious (2013)
- Cruel & Unusual (2014)
- See No Evil 2 (2014)
- Poker Night (2014)
- Mr. Right (2015)
- Vendetta (2015)
- Lower Bay (2015)
- Eadweard (2015)
- Dark (2015)
- The Confirmation (2016)
- Into the Forest (2016)
- Chokeslam (2017)
|2007||Smallville||Richtor Maddox||Episode: "Combat"|
|2007||Blood Ties||Norman Bridewell||3 episodes|
|2012||Alcatraz||Kit Nelson||2 episodes|
|2013||Arrow||Barton Mathis/Dollmaker||2 episodes|
|2014||Bates Motel||Zane Morgan||Recurring role; 8 episodes|
|2014||Almost Human||Eric Lathem|
|2016-present||Wynonna Earp||Bobo Del Rey||Recurring role; 10 episodes|
|2016-present||Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency||Martin||Main cast; 8 episodes|
- Gray, Scott A. (October 2007). "Walk All Over Me - Directed by Robert Cuffley". Exclaim!.
- Halfyard, Kurt (October 26, 2011). "Toronto After Dark 2011: THE DIVIDE Review". Twitch Film.
- Cangialosi, Jason. "Fantastic Fest Review: 'Errors of the Human Body'". Yahoo! Inc. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Kroll, Justin. "Eklund buzzes to 'Hive'". Variety. Variety Media, LLC. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- Exclusive First Casting News: WWE Studios’ See No Evil 2 – Danielle Harris, Katharine Isabelle, and Michael Eklund All Go One-on-One with Kane
- The Cold Descent – Exclusive Set Visit Report: Tony Todd, Michael Eklund, More!
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Michael Eklund.|