Mini on Lakme Fashion Week 2017
|Alma mater||Delhi Public School, RK Puram, Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi, Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad|
Mini Mathur (born 21 August 1976) is an Indian television host, actress and model. She was the host of the Indian reality singing contest Indian Idol for 4 seasons. Earlier, she was a VJ on MTV India where she hosted many popular shows for the channel. She is an MBA in marketing & recently played a role in the film I, Me Aur Main. She currently also hosts an interview based show with politicians, industrialists and opinion makers called "Dilli dil se". She was a contestant in the second season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa in 2007.
Mini is one of the most popular TV hosts in India. She holds a degree in English literature from Lady Sriram College & in Business Management from Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad. She started her career as an advertising professional at J Walter Thompson, New Delhi through IMT Campus Placement.A chance opportunity as being the face of Rayban sunglasses led her to many more modelling assignments and her first game show on Indian television (The Price is Right) called Tol mol ke Bol.Several more game & quiz shows as well as a path breaking travel show led her to Mumbai where she joined MTV as a VJ, after a highly memorable contest where she impersonated Simi Garewal interviewing Mamta kulkarni in a head to head.Four years at MTV saw Mini host concerts by international artists, interview film stars & pop stars, take to youth campuses, give advice on love, and play some serious classic tracks to a generation of music lovers.While at MTV she got an opportunity at an international presence with Bombay Blush, a culture show on India that aired in the UK. She hosted 2 seasons of the highly rated show on BBC2.She returned to mass entertainment with the first edition of the smash hit Indian Idol where she charmed the nation with her warmth, wit and spontaneity, and continued to be a favourite for 3 non-stop seasons when she took a break to have a baby.She also did several shows on music thereafter. Having accumulated goodwill amongst musicians. Yeh shaam Mastani, an interview based concert series with the maestros of music amongst others.Mini then stepped into the jungles of Taman Negara in Malaysia for 2 months to host the first season of Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao live, which was the Indian edition of "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here".She also put on her dancing shoes as a celebrity contestant on Jhalak Dikhlaja Season 2.A keen quizzer herself, she then hosted a hardcore sports quiz show called Sports ka Superstar which gave her a chance to hone her knowledge on sports and appear on 2 seasons of Kaun Banega Crorepati (who wants to be a millionaire) as an expert lifeline.She returned to host Indian Idol season 6 in 2012 to recreate the magic spun by the earlier editions of the show.Known as a host with a world view and political aspirations, she currently also hosts an interview based show with politicians, industrialists and opinion makers on DD, the national channel.Also known for her pleasant sense of style and her love for vibrantly coloured handloom sarees, Mini has been the face of many ad campaigns like Ultra doux, L'Oreal and is currently the brand ambassador of Comfort.
- Tol mol Ke Bol (zee TV) (Host)
- Hit Thi Hit Hai (host)
- Hit Hit Hurray (Host)
- Tanaav (Zee TV) (actress)
- Vakaalat (zee TV) ( actress)
- Khoobsurat (ZEE TV) (Host)
- Khwahish(Sony) (Actress)
- Indian Holiday (Sony) (host)
- MTV (1999-2003) ( VJ)
- Bombay Blush BBC2 (Host)
- Indian Idol Season 1 (Sony)(HOST)
- Popkorn (ZOOM ) (Host)
- Miss INDIA pageant (host)
- Sirf Ek Minute Mein (Sahara) (host)
- POGO amazing kids awards( host)
- Yeh Shaam Mastani (Sony) (host)
- Indian Idol Season 2 (Sony) (HOST)
- Indian Idol Season 3]] (Sony)
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2 (Contestant)
- Iss jungle se mujhe bachao (Sony) (HOST)
- Wife Bina Life (Star plus) (HOST)
- Sports ka Superstar (Host)
- Indian Idol (season 6) (sony) (Host)
- Dilli Dil Se (Aaj tak) (Host)
- Kaun Banega Crorepati (EXPERT ADVICE)
- A Nation Celebrates (Producer)
- From Corner Shops to Lords (Producer)
|2013||I, Me, aur Main|
|2002||Dil Vil Pyar Vyar|
- "Katrina Kaif makes pancakes on friend Mini Mathur's show". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- "I don't like to be boxed': Mini Mathur". thehindu.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- "How did Kabir Khan marry Mini Mathur?". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- "Khan vs Khanna – 'Not Applicable': Mini Mathur on how she married filmmaker Kabir Khan". indianexpress.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mini Mathur.|