|State||Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur|
|• Local Authority||Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur|
|• Mayor||Ahmad Fuad Ismail|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+8)|
|Postcode||50480, rarely 51200|
|Dialling code||+603-20, +603-62|
|Police||Brickfields, Sentul, Dang Wangi|
Mont Kiara, is an affluent township northwest of the city centre of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The township consists mainly of residential condominiums and office complexes. It is located in the heart of Klang Valley, roughly halfway between Kepong and downtown Kuala Lumpur and adjacent to Sri Hartamas. Mont Kiara commercial projects include 1 Mont Kiara, Plaza Mont Kiara, Seni Mont Kiara, Solaris Mont Kiara and Solaris Dutamas. Mont Kiara is a 15-minute drive to either Petaling Jaya, Subang Jaya or downtown Kuala Lumpur. Taman Tun Dr. Ismail is 5-10 minute drive via the Penchala Link tunnel on the Sprint Expressway.
The upcoming MRT2 Circle line will include stops in the Mont Kiara enclave.
Plaza Mont Kiara
Plaza Mont Kiara is a resort office-retail complex in Mont Kiara that attracts a high number of expatriates, representing more than 30 nationalities; particularly the Japanese and Koreans, who comprise almost half the total residential population.
Plaza Mont Kiara organizes the Mont Kiara Funday "Arts, Bric-a-Brac & Crafts" (ABC) Market launched in March 2000, showcasing 100 exhibitor stalls spread over a 38,000 sq ft (3,500 m2) fountain courtyard in its plaza. The ABC Market epitomises the "Made-in-Asia" dream featuring an amalgam of culture, arts and crafts where there are antiques, books, vintage apparel, clothing, household decorative items, educational toys, children wears, crafts, jewellery, bags and shoes, potted plants, fruits, and Asian food. The daytime market is held on Sundays. The ABC Market attracts at least 3,000 people throughout the day. Operated by Sunrise Berhad, it serves mainly to promote Malaysian arts and crafts to the public. Over the years the market has become part of the lifestyle of residents in Plaza Mont Kiara. A night market called Fiesta Nite at Plaza Mont Kiara is held at the fountain courtyard every Thursday night.
The area is served by two international schools, the British Garden International School, and the American Mont' Kiara International School. The French school of Kuala Lumpur, Lycée Français Kuala Lumpur (LFKL), is within 3 km at the dead end of Jalan Dutamas Raya opposite Anggun Puri.
- "Mont Kiara". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 17 Dec 2014.
- "Kuala Lumpur". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 13 Aug 2013.
- "Sri Hartamas". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 17 Dec 2014.
- "Plaza Mont Kiara". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 15 Jan 2013.
- "Solaris Mont Kiara". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 15 Jan 2013.
- "Solaris Dutamas". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 15 Jan 2013.
- "Petaling Jaya". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 8 Dec 2014.
- "Subang Jaya". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 8 Dec 2014.
- "TTDI". www.durianproperty.com.my. DurianProperty.com.my. Retrieved 17 Dec 2014.
- "Mont Kiara Connectivity Analysis" (PDF). Patrick Groove (commissioned by PropertyReviews.my). Retrieved 2013-10-08.
- "Fiesta Nite Market". Plaza Mont'Kiara. Retrieved 2009-06-24.
- A guide to schools abroad that offer a British curriculum, Education Guardian, 12 December 2006
- Map and Street Photos of Mont Kiara
- Wikimapia Satellite Map Wikimapia satellite view of Plaza Mont Kiara
- Mont Kiara Mont Kiara property overview
- Moving to Malaysia - Find All You Need to Know About Visas, Malaysia My Second Home, Company and Business Registration Here